Today’s card features a peek at some of my favorite items from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – the Tropical Chic Bundle (including the Tropical Chic stamp set and Tropical Thinlits Dies) and the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. What a combination! Here’s my sweet-and-layered 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Tropical Chic. I adore the bright, cheery colors in the Tropical Escape Suite of products – the bright greens and powerful pinks are a great combo! Since my first order arrived, I’ve been itching to use this gorgeous square of cutouts from the Tropical Thinlits Dies. I wanted to give it a different look, so I used a combination of rich and muted colors – Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake and Soft Sea Foam. Here’s a look at this amazing new bundle: Don’t just pay attention to the leaves, though – these sentiments are GORGEOUS! I isolated the “thanks” from “with much love & thanks” in the Tropical Chic stamp set and cropped it with my 1-1/2″ Circle punch: All of the layers on this card are squares – here’s a list of the measurements for each, starting with the base and working our way up to the sentiment:
- Mossy Meadow – 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Soft Sea Foam – 3-7/8″
- Crumb Cake – 3-3/4″
- Mossy Meadow – 3-1/8″
- Soft Sea Foam – 3″
- Mossy Meadow – 2-7/8″
- Thick Whisper White – 1-1/2″ Circle punch
- Oh, So Subtle! One of the most common questions I have received from this new catalog (and I see it asked a lot on Stampin’ Up! Facebook groups – “what does the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder look like?” The image is so small in the catalog – and the image is so…subtle…that it’s hard to tell. Here’s a look at this embossing folder: And here’s a closeup of the impression left on the Crumb Cake panel on my card to give you a better view of the gorgeous texture that’s created by this folder:
- Warm Colors. I wanted warm, rich colors for my card today, so I reached for Mossy Meadow. Oh, my, how I love this shade of green! I ran my Mossy Meadow cutout over different colors until I landed on the perfect accent – Soft Sea Foam. Crumb Cake allows these colors to play well together. If you love this combination of Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake and Mossy Meadow, please save this:
Bundles: Tropical Chic Stamp Sets: Tropical Chic Papers: Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Soft Sea Foam, Thick Whisper White Inks: Mossy Meadow Accessories: Tropical Thinlits Dies, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1-1/2″ Circle punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
What do you think? If you are as in love with this bundle and embossing folder as I am, then you’ll want to jump over and place your order. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog is live! There are so many exciting and new products in this book – CLICK HERE to review the new catalog and flip through each of the beautifully coordinated suites.
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two
LAST CHANCE – You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on some Brian-bundled Color Collections. There’s no better way to save on the new colors so you can get even more.
- 2018-2020 In Color All-in Bundle
- 2018-2020 In Color Basics Bundle
- Just the New Colors Bundle
- Brights Bundle
- Subtles Bundle
- Regals Bundle
- Neutrals Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.