For today’s sweet-and-simple card, I turned to this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge for inspiration. Their simple sketch gave me lots to play with. I enjoyed it so much that I turned to THREE stamp sets for this inspirational. Here’s my card:
- Three Stamp Sets. Can you name the three stamp sets I used on my simple card? If you can, then you get seven points. I’ve not yet decided the significance of the points, but make sure you write them down – they might be valuable one day. Here are the three stamp sets I used to make this card:
- En Route. I shared a project last week with the En Route stamp set, a fun set that features travel-themed images and sentiments. You can see that project here. I love this sentiment so much that I set it on the corner of my desk (that’s how I make sure I use it). Lots of hidden gems in this set.
- Birthday Backgrounds. I love these little explosions from this backgrounds set. The set contains confetti, streamers and other party-themed shapes. I used this same image on a swap card during my trip to St. Louis in May – you can see that project here.
- Banners for You. This set is filled with great banner shapes and the words you need to fill the banners – and it coordinates perfectly with the Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies. I cut this single banner in half to “extend it” behind the sentiment.
- Glitter Enamel Dots. You know how I feel about glitter, right? Not. A. Fan. While I do like the shiny look of glitter, I am not a fan of the emotional scarring that comes with it. Stampin’ has made glitter a part of my life, though, with the Glitter Enamel Dots. I adore this variety of 160 spartkly, adhesive-backed dots. Here’s a closeup of the Glitter Enamel Dots on my project: There are 160 dots in each package – 10 each of four bright colors (Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green and Melon Mambo).
- Lovely and Gorgeous. I love red and purple together – especially when one is lovely and the other is gorgeous. The combination reminds me of an outfit a member of the Red Hat Society might wear. Both of these colors are new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Gorgeous Grape is a new Brights color, and Lovely Lipstick is a 2018-2020 In Color. If you like this combination of colors, please save this:
Stamp Sets: En Route, Birthday Backgrounds, Banners for You Papers: Gorgeous Grape, Lovely Lipstick, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Gorgeous Grape, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black Accessories: Glitter Enamel Dots, Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog is live! There are so many exciting and new products in this book – CLICK HERE to review the new catalog and flip through each of the beautifully coordinated suites.
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things: