All of the Designer Series Paper Swatch Books that were ordered before this past week are made and mailed out. That means I can play around with my Designer Series Papers without fear of running out of a pattern. Yay! You’ll be seeing more projects from me that feature these gorgeous papers. Today’s card is a sympathy card that features a gorgeous plaid from the Christmas-themed Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper and the Beautiful Promenade Bundle. Here’s my card:
- Two New Products. This card features two products that are newly available in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog: the flower and sentiment are from the Beautiful Promenade Bundle, and the background paper is from the Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper. The Beautiful Promenade Bundle features and gorgeous set with some really beautiful sentiments and a set of dies that can be used to create tag toppers and envelope liners. How fun is that?! Here’s a look at the Beautiful Promenade Bundle: The plaid panel I used as a backdrop for this card is Old Olive and Night of Navy – a classic combination. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Christmas-themed Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper (that doesn’t look very Christmas-y here):
- Layering the Flower. I love all of the gorgeous sentiments in the Beautiful Promenade stamp set – and I adore this sweet flower. I stamped the lined image with Coastal Cabana ink on Thick Whisper White and stamped over it with the outline image in Night of Navy. I then cropped the flower with the coordinating die. As you can see, I layered several cutouts of leaves behind the flower, bringing a little Old Olive to the floral image.
- Color Combination. Old Olive and Night of Navy were pulled directly from this panel of Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper. I wanted a bright blue against the warm Old Olive, so I created the flower with Coastal Cabana. Together, these colors really shine against a backdrop of Crumb Cake. If you like the combination of Coastal Cabana, Old Olive and Night of Navy, too, please save this:
Bundles: Beautiful Promenade Stamp Sets: Beautiful Promenade Papers: Under the Mistletoe Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Thick Whisper White Inks: Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy Accessories: Beautiful Layers Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you like my card as much as I like sharing it! Thanks for stopping by today!
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two