This week’s Theme Challenge at the Global Design Project takes us to school. We are celebrating school days. For those of us in the United States, it’s “back to school” time while some parts of the world have a different schedule. Either way, we are sharing projects that celebrate education and those who get one. I made a cute schoolhouse with an inspirational saying that’s perfect for your favorite student. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card – the challenge goes live at 7am EST:
- Three Stamp Sets. My simple project is a perfect card to tuck into backpack or lunch box, don’t you think? Whether it’s the first day of school or twelfth year of school, it’s always nice to remind your loved ones how proud you are of them on their journey. My card features three stamp sets – one new set from the 2018 Holiday Catalog and two new sets from the 2018 Annual Catalog. Can you name all three? [Pause here if you are guessing because I’m jumping right into the answer.] I used the Buffalo Check background stamp to create a background panel for my focal point – I stamped it in Coastal Cabana on Whisper White. Here’s a look at Buffalo Check: This Buffalo Check background stamp is one of my “Favorite Things” from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. If you’d like to see the other items on my list, click here and here. I used Friendly Expressions and Treehouse Adventure to create build a schoolhouse that rests on a friendly sentiment. Here’s a look at those sets:
- Nestled. I created this old-school schoolhouse after several members of my local stamp club picked up Treehouse Adventure to create projects for school. The image would have been complete with a tiny bell on the front of the school, but I didn’t have one. This worked for me, though. I nestled the house (stamped and snipped) on top of the flat part of the sentiment. It just felt like the perfect place for the schoolhouse, don’t you think? I don’t often crop an image or sentiment where part of it hangs off the cropped area. This “proud” was a perfect candidate for flowing over the ovals’ edge.
- Cheery Colors. Coastal Cabana and Real Red are a gorgeous combination – I love the red-and-aqua combo. When this duo is paired with a touch of Soft Suede, I think a perfect trio is created for Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter. If you like this combination of Coastal Cabana, Real Red and Soft Suede, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Treehouse Adventure, Buffalo Check, Friendly Expressions Papers: Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Basic Black Accessories: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge. This challenge goes live at 7am EST.
Thanks for stopping by today!
You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on select suites in this catalog. You want it – go ahead and get it.
Here are the six bundles I’ve created to help you stock up on the suites you love most:
- Brian’s All is Bright Bundle
- Brian’s Festive Farmhouse Bundle
- Brian’s Signs of Santa Bundle
- Brian’s Frosted Floral Bundle
- Brian’s Country Lane Bundle
- Brian’s Toil & Trouble Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.
Don’t forget – you can start cashing in all the $5 coupons you earned in August. What a great way to get more with your 2018 Holiday Catalog order! <3
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NZESKGNB – when prompted. Thank you!