This week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge gives us a simple layout with a sentiment and an element above it. As soon as I saw the “coffee rings” in the sketch, I decided to approach the challenge very literally. I reached for my old friend, Coffee Café. I added in a few other elements to make this card my own. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
And here’s the banner for this week’s challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- My Focal Image. The focal point of my card is the coffee rings and sentiment panel that follows today’s sketch. The coffee rings are stamped with Crumb Cake (stamped off once on scrap paper before stamping on this Whisper White panel) from the Timeless Textures stamp set – such fun! The sentiment is from the Coffee Café stamp set. While this sentiment pairs perfectly with the coffee cup cutout, it looks great all my itself. Here’s a look at Timeless Textures: And here’s a look at Coffee Café:
- More Fun Elements. The focal panel on this card is sweet and simple. There are three elements on the card that are worth an additional look:
- Corrugated Panel. To add a little texture to my card, I ran a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock through the Big Shot with the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. It adds a little texture, but also resembles a coffee sleeve.
- I Heart Coffee. I didn’t want to center the focal panel on my card – call me a rebel. Once it was offset, though, I needed an additional element to balance my card. A sweet heart (cropped with the Support Ribbon Framelits Dies and Tranquil Tide cardstock) gave me exactly what I wanted.
- More Beans, Please. While it’s not 100% visible on first pass, I stamped the lower panel of Soft Suede cardstock with Crumb Cake coffee beans. Right out of the Coffee Café stamp set, these beans gave me a unique texture on my card.
- Warm Cup of Coffee. When you meet a friend for drinks, you should feel the warmth of the cup of coffee – that’s why I created this card with warm colors that look great together. The browns are obvious – whether you like your coffee dark or with a little bit of cream, these browns fit any coffee-lover’s adventure. I paired them with Tranquil Tide, which is super trendy right now and happens to be close to Starbucks’ signature color (which is a little more green than this rich aqua). Either way, they are a beautiful combination. If you like this combination of Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Coffee Café, Timeless Textures Papers: Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White Inks: Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake Accessories: Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Support Ribbon Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Earn a Grab Bag from Me!
I love to share with you – and I love when you buy from me. From now until the end of September, I’m offering you a Grab Bag of goodies when you (a) place a $75+ order with me and add your order to my host code (NZESKGNB) or (b) place a $150+ order with me and takes the host rewards for yourself. At the end of the month, I hope to send out a bunch of grab bags (the grab bags will actually be little boxes of Stampin’ Up! goodies – it could be ribbon or accessories or papers). It’s a mystery that I know you’ll love!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NZESKGNB – when prompted. Thank you!
Don’t forget about the new items in the Clearance Rack – many of these items are marked up to 60% off! These deals are offered while supplies last, so don’t wait to order the goodies you can’t live without.