Black, orange and purple – a perfect color combination for Halloween. For the FabFriday challenge that kicks off today, though, I used these shades to make a beautiful thinking of you card. I added a panel of Crumb Cake to the Crumb Cake base to further reduce the Halloween feel of the color combination. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Great Sets. My card features three great stamps sets that are new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog or 2018 Holiday Catalog. The sky is stamped with the Beautiful Blizzard stamp set, part of the Beautiful Blizzard Bundle in the Holiday Catalog:The gorgeous, serene tree is stamped with an image I love from Rooted in Nature stamp set, part of a new bundle in the Annual Catalog:And the “Thinking of you” sentiment is from one of the best sentiment sets we’ve ever had – Another Wonderful Year – from Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog:
- Coloring the Sky. There are few things as gorgeous as an evening sky when the sun is setting. The world is so peaceful and quiet when the sun sets in the sky (unless you are playing loud music while the sun sets). The light shades of an orange and purple sky are so calming, which makes a perfect backdrop for a thinking of you card. I started by spreading the Pumpkin Pie ink onto the stamp with a Sponge Dauber. I pulled the ink from the top of the stamp toward the middle to ink the color in varying amounts. After I cleaned the stamp, I inked the bottom with thin amounts of Gorgeous Grape and stamped those down. Using a stamp positioning tool allowed me to get the stamp in the same place on the cardstock each time and allowed me to prevent the colors from mixing into a dirty brown.
- Layers. The focal panel of this card is a scene on a 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. The layers behind, though, help to support the scene and frame the simple layer with warm colors. Here’s a breakdown of the layers on this card (starting with the base of the card and working my way up):
- Crumb Cake – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Basic Black – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Crumb Cake – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Basic Black – 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Whisper White – 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8
Stamp Sets: Beautiful Blizzard, Rooted in Nature, Another Wonderful Year Papers: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black Accessories: Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – TM6TSTX4 – when prompted. Thank you!