When I created the blue and gray background for today’s card, I definitely wanted an icy look, but I wasn’t sure where I’d go from there. I needed something that wouldn’t cover up the beautiful backdrop and accented the beautiful texture at the same time. That’s when I reached for my Large Letters Framelits Dies and Feathers & Frost stamp set to make this sweet card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- JOY to the World. This card features a big, bold sentiment that’s created with Large Letters Framelits Dies and a sentiment from Feathers and Frost, a new stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. Here’s a look at this new set:To give these Large Letters extra life, I ran them through my Big Shot in the Subtle Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder after I cropped them out with the Large Letters Dies. The embossing folder gives such a gorgeous texture to these letters – I couldn’t love it more. Here’s a closer look at these letters: And here’s a look at the embossing folder that MUST be on your wish list if you don’t already have it:
- Frosted Background. I used baby wipes to created the frosted look of the background on this card. I first learned about this technique (called Foolproof Watercoloring) from my friend, Kim Jolley, when she used it to create some amazing artwork on her cards. I shared this technique a while ago with my local club – you can see that card (which was a summer-themed project) here. You can also find a link to her video on my post. Here’s what I did:
- I wadded up a baby wipe (fragrance-free and aloe-free).
- I dabbed the baby wipe into the ink (I did mine in stages from darkest to lightest).
- I lightly dabbed the inked baby wipe onto the cardstock.
- For best results, use Watercolor Paper, Shimmery White Cardstock or Thick Whisper White Cardstock.
- Christmas Blues. Don’t you love the iciness of this color combination? Balmy Blue is cold, while Night of Navy is warm. The cold steel feeling of Smoky Slate is a lovely accent to the two. If you like this combination of Smoky Slate, Balmy Blue and Night of Navy, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Feathers and Frost Papers: Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Thick Whisper White Inks: Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Smoky Slate Accessories: Large Letters Framelits Dies, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
New Stamparatus Accessories
Stampin’ Up! has introduced us to some new accessories for the Stamparatus. If you’d like to learn more about the new products, click here:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – TM6TSTX4 – when prompted. Thank you!