As I peruse all of the amazing products I have for Christmas cards, I keep coming back to the super-sweet Feathers & Frost stamp set. It’s simple and cute. I love the sentiments, and I love the small elements, but I really, really love the square wreath. It’s fun to stamp, and it’s fun to color. Here’s my card for today that features this sweet stamp set:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Feathers & Frost. There are two birds in Feathers & Frost (I’m assuming they are the “Feathers” in the name of the stamp set. While I vow to use them in a project soon, I reached for this wreath again – I love it so much. Here’s a look at the Feathers & Frost stamp set:Here’s a look at several projects I have shared with the sentiment and/or images from Feathers & Frost stamp set (you can click on the photo below to see my original post):
- Shiny Berries. Like the first card above, I colored the leaves on my wreath with Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends – what a lovely new color! I also colored the berries that adorn the wreath with Real Red Stampin’ Blends. Both of these colors are newly available in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. There are two differences, though:
- I stamped today’s wreath on Crumb Cake cardstock, instead of Thick Whisper White, which gives it a very rustic, chic look.
- You may not notice this on the first picture of today’s card, but I added little drops of glue from my Fine Tip Glue Pen for a little added shine. The berries really pop when this clear glue dries. The glue seems to have lightened the berries a bit – I would color my berries darker next time. Live and learn.
- Mail It. Every time I make a square card, I get messages about how it’s more expensive to mail a square card. While that’s true, it’s not THAT much more expensive to send it in a square envelope. You’ve made a card with tons of amazing products, so it’s OK to splurge $0.21 extra to send it in a square envelope. If you still need to save that $0.21, then stick the square card in a rectangle envelope and mail it with your other mail – no biggie. This card is 4″ x 4″, so it will fit beautifully in a standard envelope.
Stamp Sets: Feathers & Frost Papers: Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake Inks: Stampin’ Blends (Shaded Spruce, Real Red), Tuxedo Black Memento, Real Red Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – TM6TSTX4 – when prompted. Thank you!