I have two biggies for you today! Not only am I sharing a super-sweet Christmas card (it’s so sweet it will make your teeth hurt), but I’m also giving you a heads-up about a big sale that’s coming up this week.
24-Hour Flash Sale – Tuesday, October 23
- There’s going to be a Stampin’ Up! 24-hour sale on Tuesday, October 23.
- It’s going to be awesome.
- It’s going to last for 24-hours.
- Stampin’ Up! will give demonstrators more information on Monday, October 22. I will let you know all about it as soon as I have the information.
- You will want to mark your calendars and then pop over here on Tuesday – I don’t want you to miss anything.
It’s possible that the Flash Sale is one of the following (although it’s not limited to this list):
- Free Shipping Promotion
- Discounts on a Variety of Great Products
- Awesome New Products on a Very Limited Time
The options are endless. You’ll have to come back here on Monday to learn more about it when I find out. <3
Today’s Card with Candy Cane Season
To celebrate the super-sweet, upcoming promotion, I made a card that features sweet candy canes and an adorable gingerbread man. Lots of sweet packed into this simple card. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Candy Cane Season. Even though Candy Cane Season Feature a variety of large candy canes and a bow that coordinate with the Candy Cane Builder Punch, I opted to feature the heart-shaped pair of candy canes (which I stamped over and over in the background of this card) and the adorable sentiment. There are so many hidden elements in this stamp set – the more I use it, the more I find great ways to showcase it. You’ll definitely be seeing for of Candy Cane Season from me. Here’s a look at the fun bundle:
- What a Sweet Guy! I adorned the 1-3/4″ band of Real Red cardstock with a Crumb Cake cookie stamped with the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and cropped with the Cookie Builder Punch. I also added a sweet bow tie to my cookie man – stamped and cropped with the same stamp set and punch.The cookie man needed something jazzy to hold in his hand. I stamped the small candy cane (the one I used in background) and cropped out one of the candy canes. Doesn’t he look dapper?!
- Color Balance. There are only four colors on this card – Real Red, Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Whisper White. It was tricky to balance these colors on the card, but I’m happy with how it all worked out. I mounted my panels on a Crumb Cake base to pull the light brown from the cookie. A third touch of Crumb Cake was added around the banner, giving me three pops of Crumb Cake. In a see of red and white, those touches of tan are beautifully balancing.
Bundles: Candy Cane Season Stamp Sets: Candy Cane Season, Cookie Cutter Christmas Papers: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Real Read, Crumb Cake, Basic Black Accessories: Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Want more inspiration for this fun Candy Cane Season stamp set? Here’s a card I made for a recent Global Design Project challenge (you can click on the picture below to read the original post for this card):
I hope you’ll pop over to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Join Us for a Holiday One-for-One Card Swap. It’s that time of year – as you are making your Fall, Christmas and Winter cards, I want you to send me one so I can send you one back. Your card for my One-for-One Swap needs to arrive in my mailbox by November 16, so I hope you’ll start working on your card now. <3
To learn more about my One-for-One Card Swap, click here.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – TM6TSTX4 – when prompted. Thank you!