Sometimes a picture tells a beautiful story. One of the images in the Just Because Host Set (available with Stampin’ Rewards in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog) does just that. Although this pot of flowers is paired with a “Happy Mother’s Day” sentiment, the “story” is more of a “Get Well Soon” sentiment. The flowers (in my story) are sitting by a window, waiting for someone to return. While waiting, one of the flowers has dropped off and rests at the base of the vase. Someone needs to care for these flowers. See the connection? Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Just Because. The Just Because Host Set includes three plant images and five great sentiments. Even though a Mothers Day sentiment is associated with the pot of flowers I chose, I decided to give the flowers a “get well soon sentiment”. Here’s a look at the Just Because Host stamp set:Over the years, Stampin’ Up! has changed the terminology associated with the benefits from large purchases and in-home workshops. Here are the terms we currently use:
- Stampin’ Rewards. With purchases greater than $150, customers earn Stampin’ Rewards that can be used to purchase ANY current items in the current catalogs. For example, a $150 order earns a customer $15 of free merchandise (10%) and a $300 order earns a customer $36 of free merchandise (12%). This reward used to be called Host Rewards, but since the rewards are available for single purchasers (you don’t have to host a party to earn the rewards), the name was changed. YIPPEE!
- Exclusive Host Sets. One of the perks of earning Stampin’ Rewards is that you can use them to purchase specially-priced Host Sets. These sets are available to anyone who gathers orders that combine to $150 or to anyone who places an order greater than $150. If you haven’t checked out these sets, please do – they are pretty spectacular! To see all of these Host Sets, CLICK HERE.
- Earn MORE. During Sale-a-Bration, orders over $250 earn the standard Stampin’ Rewards AND $25 additional to spend however you want. What a deal!
- Learn More. If you want to learn more about Stampin’ Rewards or how to earn the Host Sets, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m more than happy to help you earn free product. 🙂
- Paper Piecing. The scene on my card is accented by bold color because I’ve used cardstock to color each of the elements. How did I do it? Paper-piecing. Here are the steps to achieving this bold look:
- Stamp the image on Thick Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Lemon Lime Twist, Blushing Bride and Sahara Sand with black ink.
- Snip out each of the elements in the coordinated color. I snipped the blue “window” and glued the other elements to it.
- Paper-piecing tip: Add glue to the base to which you are adding your cutouts and then lay the cutouts over the glue. Use the putty side of your Take Your Pick Tool to hold the pieces over the glue areas.
- Sweet Color Combination. While the flowers on this card are pink, the most prominent colors are pulled from the blue sky, earthy vase and bold leaves. I love this mix of soft, neutral and bright – if you like this combination of Lemon Lime Twist, Balmy Blue and Sahara Sand, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Just Because, Needle & Thread Papers: Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Balmy Blue, Lemon Lime Twist, Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Thick Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, Paper Snips, Take Your Pick Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
What do you think? Don’t you love this sweet image? Wouldn’t these colors make for a great pick-me-up?
Thanks for stopping by today!
Occasions and Sale-a-Bration are LIVE
Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration event are live. That means there are tons of new, amazing products you need to check out and add to your wish list. To see the new catalog and start your list, click on the photos below:With the release of each catalog, I compile a list of my favorite products from each book. Click on the links below to review My Favorite Things from each of these books:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Sale-a-Bration Brochure
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – FW3NGFXF – when prompted. Thank you!