Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around LOVE. You’re certain to see some amazing ideas for Valentine’s Day in the hop, but there are other ways to honor love in the lineup, too. What fun! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m also excited to welcome Windy Ellard, my talented friend from Florida to today’s hop. In my stamping family, Windy is my young aunt (she’s sidelines with my upline). Windy and I met when I first started stamping in 2012 and have been great friends since. I can’t wait to see what she’s made – if I know her, it’s purple! Here’s a picture of Windy and me at at an Orlando Convention:
Close at Heart
For today’s hop, I’ve decided to showcase a stamp set that was first introduced to us in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog and is now part of the Annual Catalog. While the bird takes center stage, the card also features a set of dies, a pack of papers and a stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog. Here’s my card for today’s “love” blog hop:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- New Products. We all love new products, right? I’m going to get to the trio of bird, leaves and flower, but I want to start with the new products included on my card. All of these products are available in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog. The lacy heart that serves as a beautiful backdrop for our bird is from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies: The two panels on this card feature gorgeous pages from the Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper (the top two panels below are vellum while the remaining panels are paper): Howsweet is this sentiment – “far apart but close at heart”?! It’s from the Well Said Bundle – one of the most versatile bundles ever created:
- Petal Palette. Four elements of this card are from the Petal Palette stamp set and coordinating Petals & More Framelits Dies. The sweet bird and flower were stamped with the stamp set and cropped with the dies. The branch of leaves and sentiment frame were cropped with the dies. Here’s a closer look at this sweet trio: Here’s a look at the gorgeous sentiments and watercolor images in Petal Palette:This card was inspired by the tag on a sweet box found on page 119 of Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. I switched out some of the elements and moved some around, but I tried to achieve the same, classic eel of the tag.
- Color Combination. While the Pool Party bird and Blushing Bride flower add softness to this card, it’s the warm neutral tones that really make this card sweet. Sahara Sand and Pear Pizzazz were pulled right from the Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper, and I added Soft Suede for a little more depth. If you love this combination of Sahara Sand, Pear Pizzazz and Soft Suede as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Petal Palette, Well Said Papers: Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Thick Whisper White Inks: Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede Accessories: Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies, Petals & More Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts