This week’s sketch challenge from CAS(E) is a retro sketch that offers a funky and fun design. Rather than try to replicate the jagged, diagonal layout of the sketch, I reached for my Lovely Flowers Edgelits Dies (part of the Forever Lovely Bundle) to build a beautiful floral design at the center of my card. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
And here’s the banner for challenge CTS313 (a retro challenge CTS155) that inspired my card (this challenge goes live at 10:30am EST):
If you’d like to take a look at the project from the original challenge, please click here.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Forever Lovely. If I had to pick a beautiful bundle from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog that is under-utilized and under-showcased, I’d have to go with the Forever Lovely Bundle. This incredible bundle is the first bundle in the catalog, so maybe people are so excited to get into the book that they pass it over? It’s showcased with other Valentine’s Day sets, but it’s certainly not limited to February. Here’s a look at the Forever Lovely Bundle: The sentiment on my card is from the All Adorned stamp set – a must-have stamp set from the Second Release of Sale-a-Bration products. So many great sentiments and images in this fun set:
- Layering the Sentiment. I really wanted my sentiment to stand out against this sweet, soft backdrop. I stamped the “lots of love” sentiment on Pool Party cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and punched it out with my 1-1/4″ Circle punch. I framed that with a Thick Whisper White circle from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies. The heart is my favorite one (I use it lots) from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies and adds a pop of color to the card. All of those are layered over a 2″ Circle punch of Vellum Cardstock. Here’s a closer look at the sentiment:The photo of the sentiment layers also showcase how gorgeous the Lovely Flowers Framelits Dies are – especially against the Grapefruit Grove cardstock that was embossed with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Sweet Colors. I love this mix of sweet, soft colors. While the Lovely Lipstick heart adds a bold pop of colors, it’s the mix of Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove and Crumb Cake that define the feel of this card. If you like this combination of Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove and Crumb Cake as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: All Adorned Papers: Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove, Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick, Vellum Cardstock Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Lovely Flowers Edgelits Dies, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies, 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, 2″ Circle Punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Going, Going…Don’t Miss Out!
Stampin’ Up! has announced that the dies some popular bundles are running low and that they will be discontinued once they are sold out. Here are the bundles you should be focused on today if you really, really want them:
- Wonderful Romance Bundle (item 150592)
- Climbing Roses Bundle (item 150603)
- Birthday Cheer Bundle (item 150576)
Become a Royal
Sale-a-Bration offers the best opportunity to join my Stampin’ Up! Team and become an InKing Royal. What’s better than becoming a part of an active, fun, supportive group – and getting a discount on the products you already love?! If you’d like to learn more about the amazing join promotions during Sale-a-Bration, click on the graphic below:
New Sale-a-Bration and Sale-a-Bration Coordination
On March 1, Stampin’ Up! released new Sale-a-Bration Coordination products (that coordinate with your Sale-a-Bration favorites) and added new Sale-a-Bration options so that you have more reasons to earn Sale-a-Bration rewards. What fun! To learn everything you need to know, click here.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – BX3GMCHV – when prompted. Thank you!