When I searched for the perfect sentiment to add to my sneak peek of It Starts with Art and the Stamp Your Art Out Designer Series Paper, I couldn’t help but to reach for “BE HAPPY” from Rooted in Nature. It perfectly describes how I feel right now and how you will feel when you get your hands on the 2019 Annual Catalog. It’s loaded with amazing, new products you’ll certainly want to get your hands on – and that will make both of us happy. Here’s my card for this week’s Global Design Project sketch challenge:
- It Starts with Art & Follow Your Art. One of the new suites in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog is Follow Your Art, a suite that center on the art of crafting. The bundle (It Starts with Art) and coordinating paper (Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper) are the key players in a suite that features images of ribbon, scissors, binder clips, glue guns, markers and more. Essentially, the suite is filled with all the things we love. During OnStage, the stamp set and paper was included in one of our make-and-takes. Here’s a picture from the make-and-take instructions packet: For my card today, I used the same ribbon image (colored it at home) and flipped my small piece of Designer Series Paper over to showcase the other side. This showcase of crafting scissors in Blushing Bride and Calypso Coral almost feels like a Valentine’s Day card.
- Other Elements on This Card. While this card showcases some great new products from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog, there are two goodies from the 2018 Annual Catalog that I want to point out – and both are carrying over into the new catalog. Here’s a closer look at the focal element of the card:“Be Happy” is a small, but effective, sentiment in Rooted in Nature, a gorgeous set that debuted in 2018 and will continue into 2019. Yay! I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Thick Whisper White, glued that to Calypso Coral cardstock and then snipped that. Easy. Here’s a look at the Rooted in Nature Bundle: While I only used the stamp on this project, I want to point out that the stamp set and coordinating dies will be in the 2019 Catalog, but the bundle of the two will not. That means the 10% savings ends with the conclusion of the 2018 Annual Catalog in June. If you want this bundle, get it now. I used the Layering Squares Dies to create this border along the base of my focal panel. Here’s how:
- Color Combination. The scissoriffic background on this card combines a soft Blushing Bride background with Calypso Coral scissors, hearts and confetti. It’s a fun backdrop for these fun images. To tone down the pink and coral, I added some gray with the base, ribbon spools and scalloped border. If you like this combination of Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: It Starts with Art, Rooted in Nature Papers: Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper, Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Calypso Coral, Balmy Blue, Highland Heather, Smoky Slate, Color Lifter) Accessories: Layering Squares Dies, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:Over the past couple of days, I’ve shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – S9ZDBKBT – when prompted. Thank you!