This week’s Theme Challenge for the Global Design Project asks us to create a beautiful landscape with our inks, stamps, papers or dies. What fun! Beach Happy, one of the stamp sets that will soon be retired from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Occasions Catalog, gave me the perfect inspiration for this challenge – and I couldn’t be happier to use it again before it retires. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
- Beach Happy. Beach Happy is a wonderful stamp set full of fun layers and elements. Not only can you stamp some of the images (the chair, the umbrella, the bag, the hat) and color them in with another stamp, but the sentiments in this set are ah-mazing. Love them all. Here’s a look at the Beach Happy stamp set:I love the fonts in this set so very much – in fact I pulled this “Thanks” into a card I made a couple of weeks ago – you can see that card here. For today’s project, I was super-excited to ink up this gorgeous tree and give it a silhouette on this beautiful beachfront. Beach Happy is one of the items that will retire on June 2 (or when supplies run out). Stamp sets are guaranteed through May 24, but other items are gone when they are gone. Please click on the banner above if you’d like to learn more.
- Easy Backdrop. I really wanted to create a beautiful backdrop for my lovely palm tree, so I Googled “beach sunset” to find colors I’d want to use. I loved the yellows and oranges of the sunset photos I found but also loved the touches of purples. As such, I reached for So Saffron, Grapefruit Grove and Highland Heather – I was light on the Highland Heather because I didn’t want it to come across as gray. Using my sponge brayer, I rolled the three colors across Thick Whisper White cardstock before punching my oval with the Layering Ovals Dies and then stamping my tree. Here’s a closer look: I cropped a piece of black cardstock with the edge of my oval die, allowing a diagonal slant to the beach. I added the cropped piece to the base of the oval to ground the tree a bit.
- Beautiful Sunset. I loved the colors in the “beach sunset” photos I found so much that I pulled them right into my card. I chose light colors of each of the shades so that my black tree would really pop against the backdrop. If you like this combination of So Saffron, Grapefruit Grove and Highland Heather, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Beach Happy Papers: Grapefruit Grove, Basic Black, Highland Heather, Thick Whisper White Inks: So Saffron, Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Layering Ovals Dies, 1-1/4″ Circle punch, Layering Circle Dies, Sponge Brayer, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Sign up Today for the Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin. I devoted an entire post last week with information about the Paper Pumpkin kit designed by Stampin’ Up!’s co-founder, Shelli Gardner. Click on the link below for more information and to sign up today:
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:Over the past couple of days, I’ve shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – S9ZDBKBT – when prompted. Thank you!