Today’s card is way more vintage than I am accustomed to, but I really wanted to use some favorite retiring stamps before they go. And it’s still a crisp, beautiful card. As luck would have it, I won a new stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog (at OnStage early in April) that had a perfect sentiment to pair with the vintage background I created. Here’s my card:
- Woven Heirloom and Beautiful Textures. My card today features a beautiful sentiment from a stamp set that debuts in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. Women Heirlooms offers some beautifully scripted words and some gorgeous textures for a distressed look. Here’s a look at this new stamp set:Just look how beautiful this sentiment is on the front of the card, cropped with an oval Stitched Shapes Die:
- Gorgeous Texture. The beautifully scripted sentiment deserved to be showcased with a beautiful, textured backdrop. I built the base of this card with textured images from two retiring stamp sets and a sweet trio of colors. Here’s a closer look at Touches of Texture and Timeless Textures stamp sets:I used the paint splatter and tiny flower from Touches of Texture and the flourish image from Timeless Texture to build my backdrop. I stamped these images twice on a piece of scrap paper before stamping them here for a lighter look:Both of these stamp sets will be retiring on June 2 (or when they are sold out). Stamp sets are guaranteed to be available through May 24 – but that’s it! If you’d like to review all of the information around the Retiring List, click on the picture below:
- Mature Color Combination. In my mind, colors have maturity levels – Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy are way more mature and sophisticated than Melon Mambo and Pacific Point. These are just scientific facts that can’t be debated. In my search for sophisticated colors for this card, I arrived at a mature combination of three very different tones. If you like this combination of Mint Macaron, Gray Granite and Merry Merlot, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Woven Heirlooms, Timeless Textures, Touches of Texture Papers: Gray Granite, Merry Merlot, Mint Macaron, Whisper White Inks: Gray Granite, Merry Merlot, Mint Macaron, Basic Black Accessories: Stitched Shapes Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Everything is Rosy. I want to remind you about the Everything is Rosy Product Medley – a gorgeous collection of products that’s only being offered for a limited time in May. This medley is expected to sell out soon, so please don’t delay.
- To read all about this Everything is Rosy Product Medley, CLICK HERE.
- To purchase the medley right now (you’re smart!), CLICK HERE.
Sign up Today for the Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin. I devoted an entire post last week with information about the Paper Pumpkin kit designed by Stampin’ Up!’s co-founder, Shelli Gardner. Click on the link below for more information and to sign up today:
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:Over the past couple of days, I’ve shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 3UQS9QQP – when prompted. Thank you!