It’s time for another CASE the Designer Challenge with the Global Design Project. There are so many places to find inspiration for the projects we make – I love the opportunity to create a project that’s inspired by the art of my fellow designers on the Global Design Project team. This week we are CASEing me – how fun is that?! Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:If you missed this card when it was posted on my blog, CLICK HERE.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Varied Vases Bundle. Varied Vases is one of the top-selling bundle from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – my customers love it and have been buying it up. Not only is it versatile for either modern or classic projects, but it’s a photopolymer/punch bundle – that puts it at an attractive price point. Here’s a look at the Varied Vases Bundle: Remember – all bundles from the Annual and Occasions Catalogs will retired on June 2. While this stamp set and punch will continue to be offered in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog, the bundle (with its 10% savings) will not. This Varied Vases stamp set and coordinating punch were designed with inspiration from Mary Fish as recognition for her $1 million sales milestone. The set also coordinates with the Vibrant Vases stamp set. :I didn’t use Vibrant Vases on today’s card, but I have used it for a project I’m sharing later this week. Like Varied Vases, it is carrying forward into the 2019 Annual Catalog. If you pick up the Varied Vases Bundle, though, you might as well toss this one in your shopping cart, too. ♥
- CASE (verb) \ˈkās\. When we CASE (Copy and Share Everything or Copy and Selectively Edit), we find inspiration in a project – theme, color combinations, layout, products used – and create our own project by making changes to make it our own. When CASEing, it’s important to give credit to the original designer – it doesn’t take away from your project at all. You might be scratching your head and wondering how I got from the challenge card to the one I’m sharing today. There’s nothing from this stamp set, and the colors are different. Let me draw a couple of lines for you:
- Like the inspiration card, this card is a “get well soon” card.
- Like the inspiration card, the focal point is a modern vase of flowers.
- Both cards are built to showcase beautiful layers and a gorgeous Designer Series Paper.
- Color Combination. The colors I used to build this card were pulled from this gorgeous panel of paper from the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper:Melon Mambo, Soft Sea Foam and Shaded Spruce – all three are pulled from the paper into the card panels. I’ve also included all three colors in the focal image (flower, leaf, vase). If you like this combination of Soft Sea Foam, Shaded Spruce and Melon Mambo, please save this:
Bundles: Varied Vases Stamp Sets: Varied Vases, Well Said Papers: Garden Impressions 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam, Melon Mambo, Thick Whisper White Inks: Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam, Melon Mambo, Basic Black Accessories: Vases Builder Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Everything is Rosy. I want to remind you about the Everything is Rosy Product Medley – a gorgeous collection of products that’s only being offered for a limited time in May. This medley is expected to sell out soon, so please don’t delay.
- To read all about this Everything is Rosy Product Medley, CLICK HERE.
- To purchase the medley right now (you’re smart!), CLICK HERE.
Sign up Today for the Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin. I devoted an entire post last week with information about the Paper Pumpkin kit designed by Stampin’ Up!’s co-founder, Shelli Gardner. Click on the link below for more information and to sign up today:
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:Over the past couple of days, I’ve shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 3UQS9QQP – when prompted. Thank you!