We don’t always know ourselves. I’ve never considered myself a “purple guy” yet I can’t stop reaching for purples these days – soft, light or dark I am incorporating purples into many of my cards. Part of me wants to pull back and stop, but another part of me is having loads of fun with this foreign-to-me color. I reached for two shades of purple for the FabFriday sketch that launches today. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Carrying Forward. My card today features three products that are carrying forward into Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog – the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set, the Piece of Cake stamp set and Cake Builder punch. The Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set is FILLED TO THE BRIM with amazing sentiments for all of your celebratory cards. Here’s a look:While both the Piece of Cake stamp set and the Cake Builder Punch are carrying forward into Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog, the 10% savings you receive with the Piece of Cake Bundle is not going to be offered after June 3. If you want this bundle (and you do), then get it now. Here’s a look:My card also features a bold panel of the Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper that retires at the end of this catalog (or when supplies sell out).
- Coloring Cake. I love the little focal point of this simple card – a little cake with a simple sentiment. Together, they are a birthday celebration. Yay! I colored the cake with a mix of purple Stampin’ Blends (Highland Heather and Rich Razzleberry) and colored the base with a Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend. I used the color lifter to pull away some of the Highland Heather ink from the base of the cakes, giving them a fun texture. Such an easy way to add a beautiful touch to a colored element.I love how perfectly the cake pedestal fits along the oval-encased sentiment.
- Color Combination. If you are going to fall in love with purple, you might want to find a color that works well with it – yellows can enhance the vibrancy of purples, and grays can tone them down. If you like this combination of Smoky Slate, Highland Heather and Rich Razzleberry, please save this:
Bundles: Piece of Cake Stamp Sets: Itty Bitty Birthdays, Piece of Cake Papers: Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Thick Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Rich Razzleberry) Accessories: Cake Builder Punch, Layering Ovals Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge blog to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Everything is Rosy. I want to remind you about the Everything is Rosy Product Medley – a gorgeous collection of products that’s only being offered for a limited time in May. This medley is expected to sell out soon, so please don’t delay.
- To read all about this Everything is Rosy Product Medley, CLICK HERE.
- To purchase the medley right now (you’re smart!), CLICK HERE.
Sign up Today for the Hugs from Shelli Paper Pumpkin. I devoted an entire post last week with information about the Paper Pumpkin kit designed by Stampin’ Up!’s co-founder, Shelli Gardner. Click on the link below for more information and to sign up today (sign up by May 10):
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 2 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:A couple of weeks ago, I shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 3UQS9QQP – when prompted. Thank you!