On Thursday I shared my “baby feet card” for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge – if you missed it, you can see it here. The pattern of baby feet were a sweet nod to this fun sketch, but I decided to keep playing and find a more literal interpretation of the argyle-like pattern in Leigh’s sketch. Here is the card I came up with:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Above the Clouds Bundle. This is the second time this week I’ve showcased products from the Above the Clouds Bundle, new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. If you missed my first showcase of this bundle, you can see it here. To recreate this argyle pattern along the side of my card, I punched a bunch of colorful triangles with the Hot Air Balloon Punch and then pieced them together in a fun pattern. Here’s a closer look: And here’s a look at the Above the Clouds Bundle (that perfect blend of a photopolymer stamp set and punch):Want to see more? Here’s a fun video from Stampin’ Up! that walks you through the elements in the Above the Clouds stamp set and Hot Air Balloon Punch:
- You Make Me Proud. There are so many reasons to celebrate the people we love – and they are the ones who are receiving our handmade cards, right? When friends or family do something amazing, why not shower them with bright, bold colors and a sentiment that says it all. I love this sweet “You make me proud” sentiment from Friendly Expressions, a stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog that will be retired on June 3 (or when the product runs out). Here’s a look at the great sentiments in this set:
- A Beautiful Rainbow. Stampin’ Up!’s colors lend themselves nicely to a beautiful rainbow. Whether you showcase ROYGBIV in bright, soft or regal colors, there are lots of great combinations you can make. Since so many new colors were introduced in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog, I thought it would be fun to update my rainbow colors. What do you think of this combination?:Last Spring, I shared several rainbow combinations with different colors and some rainbow cards I’ve made – if you’d like to see that post, CLICK HERE.
Stamp Sets: Friendly Expressions Papers: Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Hot Air Balloon Punch, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
I posted my 2019 Annual Catalog Product Shares this weekend – and I’d love for you to check them out. What a great way to “kick the tires” on all the wonderful, new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the new catalog!
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:A couple of weeks ago, I shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 3UQS9QQP – when prompted. Thank you!