Today is Memorial Day in the United States. If you missed my tribute to the Red, White & Blue I shared yesterday, you can see it here. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!
Bees, Birds & Butterflies – that’s this week’s theme challenge at the Global Design Project. I made a beautiful sympathy card with the Painted Glass Bundle, letting that sweet butterfly pop on this simple layout. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for this week’s theme challenge that inspired my card:
- Painted Glass & Graceful Glass. While the Painted Glass stamp set and coordinating Stained Glass Dies are carrying forward into Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog, the 10% savings from the bundle of both goes away on June 3. If you need to add this versatile bundle to your collection, be sure to pick it up before the bundled savings goes “poof.” Here’s a look at the Painted Glass Bundle:Although the stamp set and dies carry forward, the Graceful Glass 6″ x 6″ Designer Vellum retires on June 3 (or when products run out). There are some really great patterns in this pack of papers. I used one of these designs as a base for my butterfly and stamped stained glass window. More about that later – for the time being, here’s the paper you need in your collection:
- Layers. This sweet butterfly (colored with So Saffron, Grapefruit Grove and Gray Granite Stampin’ Write Markers and cropped with the Stained Glass Dies) rests on the edge of a circular image I stamped with black ink on So Saffron cardstock and punched with a 2″ Circle punch. That circle is popped up on a circle from the Graceful Glass Vellum. I cropped this circle with the largest of the Layering Circles Dies that’s glued (in the center behind the yellow) to a piece of Pool Party cardstock I cropped with the same die. Here’s a closer look at the layering on the front of this card:
- Sweet Colors. I almost always reach for yellow when making cards that show sympathy and concern. This card would have been lovely with a bright yellow (like Daffodil Delight), but I really had my mind on So Saffron – and that allows the butterfly to pop. If you like this combination of So Saffron, Pool Party and Gray Granite, please save this:
Bundles: Painted Glass Stamp Sets: Painted Glass Papers: Graceful Glass 6″ x 6″ Designer Vellum, Gray Granite, So Saffron, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White Inks: StazOn Black ink, Stampin’ Write Markers (Gray Granite, So Saffron, Grapefruit Grove) Accessories: Stained Glass Dies, 2″ Circle punch, Layering Circle Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
I posted my 2019 Annual Catalog Product Shares this weekend – and I’d love for you to check them out. What a great way to “kick the tires” on all the wonderful, new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the new catalog!
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:A couple of weeks ago, I shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – 3UQS9QQP – when prompted. Thank you!