There are so many ways to say “thank you.” My favorite way is a big hug. My second favorite way is a simple, beautiful card. Cash is also a wonderful “thank you,” but it comes after the card. I made a quick-and-easy thank you card with some products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog, and I am happy to share it with you. Here’s my card:
I’ve been showcasing birds and butterflies this past week. It’s Spring, but it’s also this week’s Global Design Project theme challenge, so I’m sharing this card there, too. Here’s the banner for the challenge:
- Free as a Bird. The sentiment on my card (it’s a great one, isn’t it?) is from the Free as a Bird stamp set, part of the Free as a Bird Bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. Such a good one! Here’s a look:The words are the only things I stamped – I masked the bottom of the sentiment when I stamped the top, and vice versa. I stamped the words on Daffodil Delight, cropped them with a Classic Label Punch and then snipped the edges to square them off with the sentiment. The words filled the spaces above and below the sweet birds from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. How cute are they?I had this piece of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper left from swaps at OnStage. Here’s the card we made (except that I didn’t make it as it was designed so I’d have paper to play with):
- Layers. Every once in a while, I like to share the layers I’ve built on a card. For the most part, I cut and snip away until I get the balance I want, so measurements would be difficult – but these are pretty straight-forward. Here are the measurements of the layers I used, starting with the card base and working my way up:
- Crumb Cake – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Daffodil Delight – 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Old Olive – 4-3/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Pool Party – 4-1/4″ x 3″
- Old Olive – 2″ Circle punch
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper – Stitched Shapes Dies (circle)
- Daffodil Delight – Classic Label punch
- Mix of Colors. Yellow and blue make green. As such, the three colors look great together. That’s just science. What I like most about this card is that it (unintentionally) pulls colors from all four of Stampin’ Up!’s color families: Daffodil Delight (Brights), Pool Party (Subtles), Old Olive (Regals) and Crumb Cake (Neutrals). If you like this blend of yellow, blue and green, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Free as a Bird Papers: Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pool Party Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Stitched Shapes Dies, 2″ Circle Punch, Classic Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Brian’s In Color Bundles
I want you to enjoy everything Stampin’ Up!’s 2019-2021 In Colors have to offer, so I’ve created bundles to help you get everything at a discount. To read more (or to order your In Color Bundle), click on the picture below:
Big Discounts on Select Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! has discounting loads of retiring products in the online store. Marked up to 30% off, these products are expected to move quickly – and many will retire almost immediately. If you would like to see all the products that are discounted, click on one of the below links:
- Printable .pdf (sorted by discount %)
- Printable .pdf (sorted by product category)
- Sortable Excel file
If you’d like to see all of the discounted items in my online store, CLICK HERE.
There’s Still Time to Sign up for Product Shares. I posted my 2019 Annual Catalog Product Shares last week – and I’d love for you to check them out. What a great way to “kick the tires” on all the wonderful, new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the new catalog!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NWANWTKG – when prompted. Thank you!