It’s time for another CASE the Designer Challenge with the Global Design Project. There are so many places to find inspiration for the projects we make – I love the opportunity to create a project that’s inspired by the art of my fellow team members on GDP. Always a joy! This week we are CASEing a project by my super-talented friend, Charlet Mallett. What fun!
My card showcases a boatload (get it?) of elements from the Come Sail Away Suite of products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog – it’s simple card with beautiful layers and rich colors. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for this week’s challenge that inspired my card:When we CASE (Copy and Share Everything or Copy and Selectively Edit), we find inspiration in a project – theme, color combinations, layout, products used – and create our own project by making changes to make it our own. When CASEing, it’s important to give credit to the original designer – it doesn’t take away from your project at all.
My card plays on the layout of Charlet’s beautiful, bright card. It also touches of the “dream” theme in Charlet’s card.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Come Sail Away Suite. If you live near the ocean (or dream of being near the ocean), then the Come Sail Away Suite will soon be calling to you like a siren at sea. This suite, filled with beautiful nautical images and themes, is sure to be a favorite in the new catalog that goes live TOMORROW. Here’s a look at the Sailing Home Bundle:And here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper – this is such a gorgeous collection of papers that can be used for almost any occasion:I also features the Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine that’s part of this suite. More on that later. ♥
- In the Direction of Your Dreams. There are so many reasons to use this sentiment from the Sailing Home stamp set – I think of graduations, retirements or celebration of life changes. I stamped this sentiment with White Craft Ink and heat embossed it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. After I heated it, I punched it with a 1-1/2″ Circle punch before showcasing it on this gorgeous cutout from the Smooth Sailing Dies:It’s a perfect combination, don’t you think?
- Yay, Me! I really stretched myself on this card – taking my creativity places it rarely goes. I added ribbon. ♥ I needed to play with this Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine – and there’s no more perfect accent for this suite. I know that others play with ribbon all the time (and expertly so), but this is a rarity for me. Here’s a look at this incredible twine:
Bundles: Sailing Home Stamp Sets: Sailing Home Papers: Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White Inks: Balmy Blue, Soft Suede, Whisper White Craft, Jet Black StazOn Accessories: Smooth Sailing Dies, 1-1/2 Circle punch, Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Blends, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Brian’s In Color Bundles
I want you to enjoy everything Stampin’ Up!’s 2019-2021 In Colors have to offer, so I’ve created bundles to help you get everything at a discount. To read more (or to order your In Color Bundle), click on the picture below:
Big Discounts on Select Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! has discounting loads of retiring products in the online store. Marked up to 30% off, these products are expected to move quickly – and many will retire almost immediately. If you would like to see all the products that are discounted, click on one of the below links:
- Printable .pdf (sorted by discount %)
- Printable .pdf (sorted by product category)
- Sortable Excel file
If you’d like to see all of the discounted items in my online store, CLICK HERE.
There’s Still Time to Sign up for Product Shares. I posted my 2019 Annual Catalog Product Shares last week – and I’d love for you to check them out. What a great way to “kick the tires” on all the wonderful, new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the new catalog!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NWANWTKG – when prompted. Thank you!