It’s nearly impossible to NOT reach for the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle at every opportunity. The mix of beautiful flowers and flowing sentiments are perfect for so many cards. While I’ve stamped this oversized magnolia flower in the background of a card, today is the first time I’ve made it front-and-center. I love it! Here’s my card for the FabFriday sketch challenge that goes live today:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Magnolias. As a Southern boy, I’ve grown up around magnolia trees – although it’s been MANY years, I’ve climbed the branches of many magnolias – they grow low and wide with lots of strong branches in the center. 🙂 I adore this suite – so many incredible elements to the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle. Here’s a look:You don’t have to stop there, though! There’s an entire suite of products that beautifully coordinate with this bundle. If you’d like to see all of these products, click on the picture below: Even better? You don’t have to enter a whole bunch of product codes to purchase all of the items in the Magnolia Lane Suite – like other suites, there’s a single code you can enter to get all of these products at once. Yay!
- Following the sketch. The layout of my card was inspired by the FabFriday sketch that goes live today – albeit a loose interpretation. The magnolia cutout is the “rectangle” in the sketch, and the thin, black line is the scalloped edge. Here’s a closer look: After I stamped the flower and leaves with Tuxedo Black Memento ink, I colored the image with a touch of Petal Pink and Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends. I added a 1/4″ strip of Basic Black cardstock and “thanks” from Tropical Chic stamp set (I masked the rest of the sentiment with tape so that only “thanks” would make its way onto my card.
- Sweet, Dramatic Color Combination. I didn’t stray too far from the colors on the catalog pages that showcase the Magnolia Lane Suite. Petal Pink is a perfect tone for this set because magnolias are white – and Petal Pink adds a lovely tone to the flower without completely coloring it. If you like this combination of Petal Pink, Crumb Cake and Basic Black, please save this:
Bundles: Good Morning Magnolia Bundle Stamp Sets: Good Morning Magnolia, Tropical Chic Papers: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Petal Pink, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin’ Blends (Light Petal Pink, Light Crumb Cake, Light Mint Macaron, Dark So Saffron) Accessories: Magnolia Memory Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge blog to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Check Out the New Catalog! Stampin’ Up! released the 2019 Annual Catalog on Tuesday – what fun! So many wonderful, new products to see.
- CLICK HERE to see all the new Suites in the catalog
- CLICK HERE to see all the new videos and learn more about the new catalog.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NWANWTKG – when prompted. Thank you!