This week’s Global Design Project challenge gives us three colors to play with – Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green and Night of Navy. With a brilliant combination like that, how could I NOT feature the adorable pineapple from the Time for Tags Host set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog?! Here’s the simple card I made:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Time for Tags Host Set. With purchases greater than $150, customers earn Stampin’ Rewards that can be used to purchase ANY current items in the current catalogs (you don’t have to host a party to earn the rewards). One of the perks of earning Stampin’ Rewards is that you can use them to purchase specially-priced Host Sets. The stamp set I used on today’s card is one of the new Host Sets from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog – here’s a look at Time for Tags:If you haven’t checked out these sets, please do – they are pretty spectacular! To see all of these Host Sets, CLICK HERE. The set coordinates with a new punch, too – how fun! Here’s a look at the Timeless Label Punch:
- Blending. Sometimes I can make sense of the darkest mysteries in life. It just made sense to me that I would color my pineapple with Pineapple Punch ink – I don’t know why I thought of that color for my pineapple, but I just knew it would work. I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored it with Pineapple Punch and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends. How easy was that?! I added texture to the 1-1/4″ band of Granny Apple Green cardstock with my Subtle 3D embossing folder.
- Measurements. I played around with the layers on this card over-and-over until I found the balance that worked for me. Here are the measurements of the layers on this card, starting with the notecard-sized base and working my way up:
- Night of Navy – 3-1/5″ x 10″ (scored at 5″)
- Thick Whisper White – 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Night of Navy – 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Pineapple Punch – 2-3/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Granny Apple Green – 2-3/8″ x 1-1/4″
- Thick Whisper White – Timeless Label Punch
Stamp Sets: Time for Tags Host Set Papers: Night of Navy, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin’ Blends (Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green) Accessories: Timeless Label Punch, Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
- CLICK HERE to see all the new Suites in the catalog
- CLICK HERE to see all the new videos and learn more about the new catalog.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NWANWTKG – when prompted. Thank you!