When I was preparing projects for my local stamp club, I had a very clear vision of what I wanted to create. I wanted to construct a shadowbox with cardstock that showcases elements of the Sailing Home Bundle. Easy, right? To build the project, I enlisted the help of my friend (and InKing Royalty team member) Julie DiMatteo. Julie is a super-talent who always blows my mind with her 3-D projects on her blog (The Paper Pixie) – she’s made similar boxes that house small gifts, and I knew I wanted to use that idea for my shadowbox. Here’s what we made:
The angle of the photo makes the left side of this shadowbox look a little twisted, but it’s perfectly aligned with the rest of the box. My club members enjoyed putting this together over the weekend.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sailing Home. How can you not fall in love with the maritime-themed Sailing Home Bundle?! I’m a little partial because I grew up by the ocean with lighthouses, sailboats and sunburns. Even if you’ve lived inland your whole life, you can almost smell the salty air and feel the warm breeze from the images in this set – perfect for a pick-me-up or celebration. Here’s a look at the Sailing Home Bundle:There’s an entire suite (stamps, dies, papers, embellishments, ribbons, scrapbooking cards) built around this theme – you can see all of these products in my online store by clicking on the photo below:It’s these stamps and dies that helped me to build the scene on the inside of my shadowbox. Here’s a closer look:
- Building your Shadowbox. As soon as I told Julie what I wanted to make, she went to work on a template that uses an 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of cardstock. You can build this frame with a couple of friends: your Simply Scored, your paper snips and this trusty diagram (you can click on the picture below to download and print a .pdf):Even though you start with an 8-1/2″ square for the shadowbox, the entire 8-1/2″ x 11″ piece of cardstock is used in this project. With the remaining strip, we built a kickstand to prop up the shadowbox (measurements included on the template above). Here’s a closer look at the kickstand:
- More from Julie. Julie created a similar shadowbox with a different design for her Facebook Live this past week. In today’s post on her blog, she’s sharing that project and a video for assembling this fun shadowbox. CLICK HERE to see Julie’s project and to watch her video.
Bundles: Sailing Home Stamp Sets: Sailing Home Papers: Night of Navy, Seaside Spray, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow, Thick Whisper White Inks: Soft Suede, Night of Navy, Seaside Spray Accessories: Smooth Sailing Dies, Simply Scored, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
What do you think? Isn’t this suite amazing? I hope you’ll give this shadowbox a try – and I hope you’ll pop over to Julie’s post to see her project (CLICK HERE). Thanks for stopping by today!
- CLICK HERE to see all the new Suites in the catalog
- CLICK HERE to see all the new videos and learn more about the new catalog.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – NWANWTKG – when prompted. Thank you!