Yesterday I shared inspiration for a variety of July 4 cards, including cards that focus on Celebrations, Patriotic Cards and Outdoor Fun. If you missed that post, you can see it here.
For the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge that kicks off today, I created a card that balances simple shapes for a card that can be made in a variety of colors. Since today is July 4, I made my card with patriotic colors and a “time to celebrate” theme. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Birthdays for July 4. My July 4 card showcases two birthday-themed stamp sets that seamlessly transition to the patriotic holiday. I stamped the bursts from Birthday Backgrounds in VersaMark on each of the strips of color that reach across the card front. Looks like fireworks without slapping you in the face (which would be rude!). Here’s a look at the fun images in Birthday Backgrounds: I’ve used the “Time to Celebrate” sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays many times because it’s versatile and cute. I love the font! Here’s a look at the sentiments in Itty Bitty Birthdays:
- Measurements. The layers on this card are relatively simple, so it’s something you might want to recreate. While I measured the heights of the red, white and blue bands across my card, I simply eyeballed laying them across the front panel before snipping them along the edge of the Pool Party panel. To my surprise, each was a perfectly measurable length which makes the measurements easy to share. As such, I’m sharing the measurements for each of the elements on my card, starting with the card base and working my way up to the sentiment
- Night of Navy – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Thick Whisper White – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Night of Navy – 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Pool Party – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Real Red -1-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Whisper White – 2-1/2″ x 1″
- Night of Navy – 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″
- Thick Whisper White – punched with the Classic Label punch and trimmed along the edges of the sentiment
- Patriotic Colors. Real Red and Night of Navy look amazing together – such a classic Americana color combination. I’d argue that Pacific Point or Blueberry Bushel are closer to the colors on the American flag, but I just love the seriousness of Night of Navy – really makes a statement. The addition of Pool Party makes this one of my all-time favorite combinations. If you like this combination of Pool Party, Real Red and Night of Navy, please save this:If you’d like to see more patriotic color combinations, please click here.
Stamp Sets: Birthday Backgrounds, Itty Bitty Birthdays Papers: Night of Navy, Real Red, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White Inks: Night of Navy, VersaMark Accessories: Classic Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Amazing Promotions in July and August
Two great Stampin’ Up! promotions kick off in July – you don’t want to miss these. Click on either of these graphics to learn more:
My Favorite Things. I love to share my favorite things with you. I’ve shared two posts with some of my favorites from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. If you’ve like to take a look, click on the links below:
I hope these lists help you to whittle down your wish list – or identify some amazing products you may have missed.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – PNRMKCVD – when prompted. Thank you!