I worked in circles with this week’s color challenge at the Global Design Project. The regal/neutral tones of Mossy Meadow, Merry Merlot and Pretty Peacock set me down a path of mature sophistication. What a gorgeous mix of rich tones to make a perfectly classy card! The more I played, though, the more I realized that the colors felt more like Christmas in the country than tea with the Queen. Errrrrt. Jam on the breaks, quick pivot, voila! Here’s my card:
- Three Sneak Peek Bundles. My simple card showcases elements from three bundles in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Holiday Catalog – two bundles are represented by punches from two great, new bundles, and the sentiment is pulled from the stamp set in another bundle. Here’s a look at the Christmas Gleaming Bundle (which includes the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and coordinating Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack – I used the largest of the two punches on my card today): Here’s a look at the Perfectly Plaid Bundle (which includes the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and coordinating Pine Tree Punch): And here’s a look at the Itty Bitty Christmas Bundle (which includes the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set and the coordinating Christmas Layers Dies that give us some great background shapes – my sentiment is from this stamp set):
- Gingham Layers. Rather than stamp the images from the coordinating stamp sets, I lined up the gingham patterns from the 2019-2021 In Color and Neutrals 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers. I tried to crop the heart in gingham, too, but I had already reached my gingham limit – never want to push the limits. ♥ If you look closely, you can see that I carefully planned these punched images so that I could line up the patterns in the two papers – how fun!The sentiment is stamped with Pretty Peacock ink and cropped with the Classic Label Punch. I cropped the ends to create the perfect banner for this sentiment.
- Layer Measurements. This 4-1/4″ square card can fit inside a Medium Envelope so that you don’t have to pay additional postage (you only pay additional postage for square envelopes). You may have noticed I added a panel of Crumb Cake to this card (neutrals are allowed), which also adds to the Country Christmas feel of this sweet card. Here are the measurements for all the layers on my card:
- Pretty Peacock – 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Crumb Cake – 3-1/2″ 3-1/2″
- Merry Merlot – 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Whisper White – 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- 2019-2021 In Color and Neutrals 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper Stack – cropped with the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack and Pine Tree Punch
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Merry Merlot – cropped with Stitched Be Mine Die
- Thick Whisper White – cropped with Classic Label Punch
Stamp Sets: Itty Bitty Christmas Papers: 2019-2021 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Pretty Peacock), Neutrals 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Mossy Meadow), Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake, Pretty Peacock, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Pretty Peacock Accessories: Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack, Pine Tree Punch, Classic Label Punch, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up! is offering lots of amazing extras when you join during August. Want to know more? CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – XCXRY327 – when prompted. Thank you!