Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around VACATION. While many are reminiscing about their summer vacations, others are looking forward to the long weekend just around the corner. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
WISH YOU WERE HERE
If ever there were a phrase that’s associated with every wonderful vacation, it would have to be “Wish you were here,” a sassy comment to your friends and family who were not able to partake in your amazing vacation. There’s a “Wish you were here” on every postcard rack. Keeping with that idea, I built my own “Wish you were here” card with some amazing Stampin’ Up! products. Here’s my card for today’s InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
- Sentiment Builder. There’s no current stamp set (that I could find) that says, “Wish you were here” so I had to reach into my collection of stamps to find a fun way to showcase these words. The big WISH from Broadway Birthday (I love this set!) was a great place to start. Here’s a look at the Broadway Birthday stamp set:I rounded out the sentiment by building my words on a thin strip of Sahara Sand cardstock. That allowed me to center the phrase along the oval before snipping the edges. I used the tiny print letters from the Make a Difference Stamp Set:Here’s a tip I shared a while back with a retired small-letters stamp set that shows how I built the letters on this card, too:
- Vacation Backdrop. The sentiment I built is important on this card, but the sentiment does not stand alone on this card. Here’s a closer look:Along a panel of Whisper White cardstock, I stamped palm trees over and over with Soft Suede trunks and Old Olive palms using the Friend like You stamp set. I added a small, sandy base that lines up perfectly with the top of the sentiment strip. Here’s a look at the Friend Like You bundle:
- Sand and Sky. The Sahara Sand base layer that sits on a Soft Suede card base showcases a beautiful pattern from the Woven Threads Designer Series Paper that gives a textured, but soft, backdrop for this sentiment. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this pack of paper: If you like this color combination of Pool Party, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede, please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Broadway Birthday, Make a Difference, Friend Like You Papers: Woven Threads Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Whisper White Inks: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Pool Party, Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Layering Ovals Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin