Do you ever have pieces of Designer Series Paper that you think are SO GORGEOUS that you just don’t want to cut into it? You want to wait for just the right moment to use the paper in just the right way. With this week’s “Bloom & Grow” theme challenge, I finally pulled out the flower print from See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper that’s one of my all-time prints. Here’s my card:
- See a Silhouette. There are some really bold colors in the See a Silhouette Designer Series Papers. While that might turn some people away, I see it as a challenge – how can I showcase these beautiful prints while minimizing the colors in some of the pages? Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the pack of See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper: It’s the honeycomb page that I suspect turns people away from this paper, but all of the other pages are GORGEOUS (and the honeycomb print is beautiful when the colors are limited. The Mossy Meadow backdrop on the page of flowers I used today really pulls these colors together. I added a layer of vellum to further tone down the background panel so that the snipped flower on top could pop. Good news! See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper is one of a collection of papers from the Annual Catalog that are currently offered in a Buy 3, Get 1 Free promotion. Click on the picture above to read more about the promotion (including all of the papers included) and to see some inspiration I’ve shared with these papers.
- Beautiful Friendship and Layers. The gorgeous sentiment on this card is from the Beautiful Friendship photopolymer stamp set. I love this set! The images are DistInktive, which gives them a beautiful depth with each stamp. Here’s a look at the Beautiful Friendship stamp set:And here’s a closeup of the sentiment on my cardfront:Here are the layer measurements I used for this card (starting with the base of the card and working my way up to the top):
- Poppy Parade – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Thick Whisper White – 5-3/16″ x 3-7/8″
- See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Vellum Cardstock – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Layer of Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock – 3-11/16″ x 2-7/16″
- Poppy Parade Cardstock – 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock – 3-1/2 x 1-3/16″
- See a Silhouette Designer Series Paper
- Gorgeous Color Combination. I love the flowers in this paper and the beautiful textures used to showcase them. The colors, though, are gorgeous and perfect for this time of year. Poppy Parade really pops against the Mossy Meadow background and works so well with Blackberry Bliss and Crushed Curry in the paper. If you like this combination of Poppy Parade, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful Friendship Papers: See a Silhouette, Poppy Parade, Thick Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock Inks: Poppy Parade Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
STAMPIN’ UP!’S 2019 HOLIDAY CATALOG
Stampin’ Up! released its 2019 Holiday Catalog last week. What fun! Be sure to check out my post that walks you through all the suites and to download the catalog – CLICK HERE.
BUY 3, GET 1FREE SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPERS
Stampin’ Up! is launching a Buy 3, Get 1 Free Promotion on select Designer Series Papers today. I hope you’ll look through the papers that are part of this promotion so you will include some (or all) of them in the order you’ll be placing! All of the papers in this promotion are from the Annual Catalog.
CLICK HERE to shop the Designer Series Paper sale.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – SMBKCH39 – when prompted. Thank you!