As a member of the CAS(E) This Sketch Design Team, I can submit sketch suggestions for CAS(E) This Sketch challenges. What fun! When I submitted my suggestions early this past summer, I didn’t know what products would be in our 2019 Holiday Catalog. Lucky for me, there’s an incredible suite dedicated to beautiful plaids – I reached for products in the Perfectly Plaid Suite for my project. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the sketch challenge that inspired my card:
- Wrapped in Perfectly Plaid. I love a good argyle pattern – it reminds me of a warm sweater (and reminds me that winter is on its way…sometime…soon). I reached for several products from Stampin’ Up!’s Wrapped in Plaid Suite to make this sweet, simple card. The tree and sentiment are punched with the Perfectly Plaid stamp set. The tree is punched with the Pine Tree Punch. Here’s a look at the Perfectly Plaid Bundle: You can save 10% when you buy both of these together – who doesn’t LOVE a bundle?! Even if the products carry forward to the next catalog, the bundled pricing goes away at the end of the current catalog. If you love this, get it now. ♥ Here’s a look at the Wrapped in Plaid 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper (another must-have):You can see all of the items in the Wrapped in Plaid Suite by clicking on the image below:
- Layer Measurements. When I make a simple card that works well for me, I like to share the measurements I used in hopes that it can inspire you, too. The measurements I used for this card were informed by the plaid pattern, the trees and the sentiment so it might not be the exact same for a project you make with the same layout. Either way, here are the measurements for
- Shaded Spruce – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Wrapped in Plaid 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Thick Whisper White – 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Wrapped in Plaid 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Thick Whisper White – punched from the Pine Tree Punch (2)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – punched from the Pine Tree Punch &Timeless Label Punch
- Rich Color Combination. The colors I used on this card were pulled right from the Wrapped in Plaid 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper – all three of the rich colors (along with gold accents) are featured here: Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green are a traditional mix of Holiday shades. Combined with Night of Navy, though, these colors take on a new life. The mix of rich red, blue and green are GORGEOUS. If you like this mix of Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Shaded Spruce, please save this for future reference:
Bundles: Perfectly Plaid Stamp Sets: Perfectly Plaid Papers: Wrapped in Plaid 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper, Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White Inks: Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler Accessories: Pine Tree Punch, Timeless Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
CLEARANCE RACK UPDATE!
Stampin’ Up! recently added new items to the Clearance Rack. There are so many great products – you’ll want to check it out! These items won’t be available for long, so be sure to pop over and place your order soon. CLICK HERE!
BUY 3, GET 1FREE SELECT DESIGNER SERIES PAPERS
Stampin’ Up! is launching a Buy 3, Get 1 Free Promotion on select Designer Series Papers today. I hope you’ll look through the papers that are part of this promotion so you will include some (or all) of them in the order you’ll be placing! All of the papers in this promotion are from the Annual Catalog.
CLICK HERE to shop the Designer Series Paper sale.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – SMBKCH39 – when prompted. Thank you!