The sketch for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge is so sweet and simple that you can make almost ANYTHING to play along with this challenge – I can’t wait to see all the creative projects that are born from this sketch. Here’s my card that features the Holly Jolly Christmas Bundle (both the Holly Jolly Christmas stamp set and coordinating Jolly Season Dies):
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Holly Jolly Christmas. Even though I don’t have small children, there’s something special and joyful about a scene with Santa Claus – and I LOVE this silhouette of the jolly elf with his reindeer from the Jolly Season Dies. The word “believe” is from the coordinating stamp set. Here’s a look at the Holly Jolly Christmas Bundle:The background on my focal panel is one of the glitter-free pages of Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper. The brushes of Coastal Cabana are peppered with white spots of snow – a perfect backdrop for Santa and his trusty reindeer. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Let It Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper:
- Three Suites. My simple card features products from THREE suites in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Holiday Catalog. Can you name them? I know you can. First, I want to give you a closer look at the die that crops Santa and his reindeer: This pictures also showcases the three suites. Since you’ve already identified them and written them on a piece of scrap paper (you are so studious), here they are:
- The Let it Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper is from the Let it Snow Suite (page 18).
- The Holly Jolly Christmas Bundle (the Holly Jolly Christmas stamp set and Jolly Season Dies) are from the Night Before Christmas Suite (page 24).
- “Believe” is adorned with a Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dot, which is from the Toile Tidings Suite (page 6).
- Color Combination. I used three colors in my festive holiday card today – a bold combination of Coastal Cabana, Real Red and Basic Black. I love this combination – if you like it as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference: Since these three colors are pulled directly from the Let it Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper, it’s not surprising that I’ve showcased this combination before. Here’s a look at another card that featured this paper and these three colors (you can click on the photo to see my original post):
Bundles: Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp Sets: Holly Jolly Christmas Papers: Let it Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Jolly Season Dies, Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Online Extravaganza Coming Soon. Stampin’ Up! is hosting the annual Online Extravaganza next week – be sure to check back between November 20 and November 22 to shop this amazing sale!
Join My One-for-One Holiday Swap. I’m hosting a One-for-One Holiday Swap, and I’d LOVE for you to join in! To learn more or to peruse the cards from last year’s swap, please click on the image below:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – FAATGGYS – when prompted. Thank you!