It’s time for another CASE the Designer Challenge with the Global Design Project. There are so many places to find inspiration for the projects we make – I love the opportunity to create a project that’s inspired by the art of my fellow team members on GDP. Always a joy! This week we are CASEing a project by team members Shawn deOliveira, who also happens to be a member of my InKing Royalty team. What fun! Here’s my card:
When we CASE (Copy and Share Everything or Copy and Selectively Edit), we find inspiration in a project – theme, color combinations, layout, products used – and create our own project by making changes to make it our own. When CASEing, it’s important to give credit to the original designer – it doesn’t take away from your project at all.
It’s easy to see where Shawn’s project inspired me. Like Shawn, the focus of my card is a Stitched Nested Labels Die along a soft backdrop and beautiful bands of color and texture. My card also features soft, sweet colors like the birds on Shawn’s card.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Everything Festive. My card features a sentiment from Everything Festive, one of the stamp sets that is retiring at end of the Holiday Catalog period. If you have the Stitched Nested Labels Dies (and I know you do), then you are going to want to grab up this stamp set before it’s gone. While some of the sentiments pair well with circles or ovals, they are perfectly paired with Stitched Nested Labels Dies. Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Day are all represented here. Here’s a look at the Everything Festive stamp set: I stamped this sentiment on Smoky Slate and cropped it with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. I popped that up with Stampin’ Dimensionals over a heart cropped with the Stitched Be Mine Dies (this heart doesn’t have stitching but does have an embossed edge. Here’s a closer look:
- Layer Measurements. When a simple card can be easily be recreated with other colors, papers and shapes, I like to share the measurements so you can recreated it in your own vision and with your own images. Here are the measurements for these layers, starting with the base of the card and working my way up:
- Smoky Slate – 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Calypso Coral – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White – 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper – 3-3/8″ x 2″
- Blushing Bride – 3-3/8″ x 3/8″
- Blushing Bride – Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Smoky Slate – Stitched Nested Labels Dies
- Sweet Color Combination. I didn’t want Calypso Coral and Petal Pink to look so amazing with one another, but they really do make a great pair. I pulled this Calypso Coral panel with tiny heart designs from the Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this pack of paper:If you are as enamored by this mix of Petal Pink, Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate as I am, please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Everything Festive Papers: Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper, Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
There are so many retiring products that are going to go away on January 2 when Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Holiday Catalog period ends. PLEASE be sure to click on the image above to see all of the retiring items in my online store. I don’t want you to miss out.
CLICK HERE to see the retiring and discounted items in my online store
CLICK HERE to read more about the year-end promotions.
CLICK HERE for inspiration on the retiring products.
New Catalogs & Product Shares
Stampin’ Up! demonstrators are able to order from the upcoming January – June 2020 Mini Catalog and start earning Sale-a-Bration items starting today. I’ll be ordering copies of the Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration brochure that I will mail to all of my current customers. What fun!
You’ll also be happy to know that I will be hosting product shares and selling Designer Series Paper Swatch Books from the new catalog, too. More information to come on those! ♥
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – ANVADPJW – when prompted. Thank you!