Today we observe Martin Luther King Jr Day in the United States. The day celebrates Dr. King’s birthday and honors Dr. King’s tireless work for civil rights. While he is most known for his platform against racial segregation on public transportation and his fight for racial equality, Dr. King was also an advocate for the poor and worked to end poverty for all people. The Martin Luther King Jr Center is here in Atlanta – if you ever make it to Atlanta, it’s an eye-opening and heart-warming center that you should check out. Today’s card is a simple nod to Martin Luther King Jr Day. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Mountain Air & Silhouette Scenes. Over the years, Stampin’ Up! has released several stamp sets centered around trees and mountain landscapes. The Mountain Air Bundle, showcased in the January – June 2020 Mini Catalog didn’t initially catch my attention because I thought it was so much like so many things we’ve had before – but I was wrong. I only looked closer when I saw so many of my customers buying the bundle. That’s when I realized how innovative the layering options in the set were. Here’s a look at the Mountain Air Bundle: And here’s a closer look at the focal point of this card: There are dies for most of the elements in this set, and each one works differently. While the dies that can be used to cut out the mountains (shown in Seaside Spray here) cut out the entire tops and bottoms of the stamped image, the die that cuts out the trees (shown in black) only crops along the tops of the trees. Here’s how I built my focal point:
- Cropped Thick Whisper White cardstock with the largest circle from the Layering Circles Dies.
- Stamped the Seaside Spray mountains along the cropped circle.
- Stamped the image of trees on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Cropped the tops of the trees with the coordinating die.
- Cropped the trees with the largest circle from the Layering Circles Dies.
- Glue the half circle with trees to the full circle with mountains.
- I popped up the focal circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Video. I didn’t fully understand HOW the Mountain Air Bundle worked until I studied the samples in the new catalog and watched the video. How eye-opening! Here’s a look: Despite all the options I had to layer with these stamps and dies, I decided to keep it clean and simple by just stamping one and cropping another.
- Color Combination. The color scheme of this card is quite simple – a cold blue, a cold gray and black. Works perfectly to build a project with beautiful tones but not too much color. If you like this mix of Seaside Spray, Smoky Slate and Basic Black, please save this:
Bundles: Mountain Air Stamp Sets: Mountain Air, Silhouette Scenes Papers: 2019-2021 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Seaside Spray), Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Seaside Spray, Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Majestic Mountain Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
New Catalogs are LIVE
Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2020 Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration catalogs are live to customers. What fun! The pages of the Mini Catalog are FILLED with amazing products you will need for your Valentine’s Day and Spring projects – so much to love! AND there are so many great products to earn through Sale-a-Bration. To download these books and read more about how you can earn during Sale-a-Bration, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – ZQ3D2PM4 – when prompted. Thank you!