Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. Hop, hop! This month’s projects celebrate Easter, so prepare yourself for a variety of gorgeous, Easter-themed projects. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m also excited to welcome my friend Susan Fields, my talented friend from St. Louis to today’s hop. When I traveled to St. Louis for a fun event in 2018, Susan drew the short straw and had to spend the morning with me after I arrived. We had a grand time! Here’s a picture of Susan and her infectious smile:
My Easter card features some sweet colors, a fun technique and a big, beautiful flower. I’ve shared all of these elements before but never together in a card like this, so I’m excited. Here’s my Easter card for today’s InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
- Great Stamp Sets for Easter. While there are many great, new stamp sets that are specifically designed for Easter, I reached for two stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. Each is a wonderful stamp sets – together, they are incredible fun. I stamped the bold flower from Beautiful Day on a base of Whisper White cardstock using So Saffron ink. I stamped a row of flowers along the bottom with a full concentration of So Saffron. I stamped a row of flowers above that by inking the flower, stamping it off once on scrap paper and the stamping onto the Whisper White panel. Guess what I did next… I stamped a row of flowers above that by inking the flower, stamping it off TWICE on scrap paper and the stamping onto the Whisper White panel. What a fun background! Here’s a look at the Beautiful Day stamp set:The sentiment on my card is pulled from the super-sweet Fable Friends, a set that pulls all the Easter and Spring heartstrings. Here’s a look at Fable Friends:
- Coloring Technique. Did you know that you can stamp with any of our Classic Inks and then color with our Stampin’ Blends? As long as you are using our Classic Inks or Memento Ink, Stampin’ Up!’s alcohol markers work fine. ♥ I stamped this flower on Thick Whisper White with Crushed Curry ink and then colored in the petals with So Saffron Stampin’ Blends. I love that! Here’s a closer look:I colored the leave in similar fashion – I stamped it with Garden Green and then colored it in with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. While we are talking about the leaf – I cut the leaf off the stamped flower and stamped it again in Garden Green. I snipped the Garden Green leaf and glued it to the flower (but you probably already knew that).
- Color Combination. There are only four colors on this card – and they all work so wonderfully together. The card is soft and sweet with a little punch of color. If you like this mix of So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Garden Green as much as I do, please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful Day, Fable Friends Papers: So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Stampin’ Blends (So Saffron, Old Olive) Accessories: 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Layering Circles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Susan Fields at Very Simply Susan
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie