Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. Hop, hop! This month’s projects celebrate Easter, so prepare yourself for a variety of gorgeous, Easter-themed projects. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m also excited to welcome my friend Susan Fields, my talented friend from St. Louis to today’s hop. When I traveled to St. Louis for a fun event in 2018, Susan drew the short straw and had to spend the morning with me after I arrived. We had a grand time! Here’s a picture of Susan and her infectious smile:
Easter Greetings with Beautiful Day
My Easter card features some sweet colors, a fun technique and a big, beautiful flower. I’ve shared all of these elements before but never together in a card like this, so I’m excited. Here’s my Easter card for today’s InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
- Great Stamp Sets for Easter. While there are many great, new stamp sets that are specifically designed for Easter, I reached for two stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. Each is a wonderful stamp sets – together, they are incredible fun. I stamped the bold flower from Beautiful Day on a base of Whisper White cardstock using So Saffron ink. I stamped a row of flowers along the bottom with a full concentration of So Saffron. I stamped a row of flowers above that by inking the flower, stamping it off once on scrap paper and the stamping onto the Whisper White panel. Guess what I did next… I stamped a row of flowers above that by inking the flower, stamping it off TWICE on scrap paper and the stamping onto the Whisper White panel. What a fun background! Here’s a look at the Beautiful Day stamp set:The sentiment on my card is pulled from the super-sweet Fable Friends, a set that pulls all the Easter and Spring heartstrings. Here’s a look at Fable Friends:
- Coloring Technique. Did you know that you can stamp with any of our Classic Inks and then color with our Stampin’ Blends? As long as you are using our Classic Inks or Memento Ink, Stampin’ Up!’s alcohol markers work fine. ♥ I stamped this flower on Thick Whisper White with Crushed Curry ink and then colored in the petals with So Saffron Stampin’ Blends. I love that! Here’s a closer look:I colored the leave in similar fashion – I stamped it with Garden Green and then colored it in with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. While we are talking about the leaf – I cut the leaf off the stamped flower and stamped it again in Garden Green. I snipped the Garden Green leaf and glued it to the flower (but you probably already knew that).
- Color Combination. There are only four colors on this card – and they all work so wonderfully together. The card is soft and sweet with a little punch of color. If you like this mix of So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Old Olive and Garden Green as much as I do, please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful Day, Fable Friends Papers: So Saffron, Old Olive, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Stampin’ Blends (So Saffron, Old Olive) Accessories: 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Layering Circles Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Susan Fields at Very Simply Susan
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
I’m so happy to see our Susan recognized, I have never met a person as genuine, sweet, welcoming, and talented as her! Thanks Brian for giving her a time to shine! <3
I couldn’t agree with your comments more, Jackie! Susan is such a kind person, and I’m happy she joined our hop today. She really delivered an amazing project! ♥
I love this technique and gorgeous card!
Thank you, my friend! ♥
I would have loved to draw the short straw too, Susan looks like she’s having a blast with you across the table, Brian, and who wouldn’t?
And this card is beautiful, love the cluster of flowers at the bottom and thinning out at the top, the main flower looks fresh and sweet all in yellow.
Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much, Maria! It’s always a joy to hear from you. ♥
Great card! So bright & cheerful.
It’s very nice to see Susan on your blog today.
Thank you so much, Marilyn! I’m so happy to share her – she’s a ray of sunshine. Thanks for your sweet comments. ♥
Beautiful flower but the background steals the show!
Than you so much, Mary! I’m so happy you like it.
Brian, you always know how to rock a sentiment!
♥ Thanks, Dawn!
Thanks Brian for showcasing our Susan on your blog hop! We love having her here in St. Louis. Your card is sensational too as always!!
Thanks, Jayne! She’s pretty wonderful, huh? I appreciate your kind comments. ♥
Love this color combo and your artistic background stamping. Stunning card!
Thank you so much, Linda! ♥
Your background is beautifully stamped! Love the softness!
Another beautiful card Brian. I love how you put the yellows together. And thank you so much for having me in your blog hop today. Its been such fun!
I’m so happy you hopped with us, Susan! ♥ Thanks for your sweet comments. I’m so glad you like the card.
What a beautiful Easter card Brian.
Thanks, Kadie! ♥
I just love your blog hops. They are always so inspiring and the talent of your team is just plain amazing. Beautiful card today and your color combination is fantastic. Thanks for sharing my friend.
Thank you so much, Grace! I’m so happy to share these talented stampers with my blog readers. I agree – such talent in the group, and I always love to see what they make.
This is beautiful, Brian! I especially love the background.
Thank you so much, Candy! ♥
And I love it too ♥️
Tfs , hugs Frenchie ♥️
Thank you so much, Frenchie! ♥
I hope you are staying safe in these crazy times.
Such a pretty Easter card, and it’s full of Spring and new life. Love the background you stamped.
Thanks, Sue! I use this technique a lot, but I love it every single time. ♥
This is such a fun and elegant card, Brian!!
Thank you so much, Joanne! I’m so happy you like it. ♥
Beautiful card….wonderful hop! Xo
Thanks, Pam! The hop was really great (as always). ♥
The background is brilliant. Hmm, that may show up on one of my projects. Lol
Thanks, Ann! I can’t wait to see it! You’ve inspired me, and I’m happy to inspire you. ♥
I love your Easter card Brian. The stamped background is gorgeous. I am sorry to miss the hop this month. I am enjoying the team’s posts.
Thanks, Linda! I’m so glad you were able to pass through the hop – and I hope you can join us next month. ♥
Thank you, Beth Ann! ♥