Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Sunshine, so prepare yourself for projects that are filled with sunny images of joy in the great outdoors. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
For today’s sunshine-themed hop, I’m celebrating with a burst of sun rays on a sweet tag that can double as a bookmark. Without intending to, I combined five retiring products (can you name all of them?) on a tag that oozes with happiness – don’t you think? Here’s my project for today’s hop:
My project was inspired a sample in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog. The sample builds a cute banner for a little bag. I’ve looked at this sample over and over this year, amazed by the fun idea. Today I recreated it in my own vision. Here’s a look at the sample from the catalog:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Retiring. My sweet tag features five retiring products that are must-haves for any craft room. These products will be fully retired on June 2 or when supplies run out, so act now if any of these items tickle your fancy. ♥ Here’s a look at the Bonanza Buddies Bundle, a super-cute bundle with the incredibly versatile Bonanza Dies:This is my second project this week featuring the Starburst Punch, which I love so very much. Here’s a look at this punch:I added three little stars to the tag using the Twinkle Builder Punch – love this punch. I’ve used the moon a couple of times, but I mostly love the variety of stars:The 2019-2021 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper and the Solid White Baker’s Twine are also retiring on June 2 or when supplies run out.
- A Starburst Inside a Starburst. I was so mesmerized by the fun sample in the catalog – the idea of building a starburst inside the starburst punch made me roll up my sleeves and create one of my very own…a full year after I first saw it. Here’s how I did it:I punched a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock with my Starburst Punch and drew a circle in the lower section of the circle. I snipped along the edges of the starburst toward the circle to create cutouts in the pattern. I then punched a piece of Thick Whisper White with the Starburst Punch and layered the yellow piece over top. It’s a little messy looking, but I knew I’d be covering up my dot and the places where the patterns meet. Here’s a closer look at the finished starburst:
- Color Combination. I love the mix of bright and regal tones on this tag. They really look like a celebration to me. I tried to balance the red on the tag to bring focus to all the right places. If you like this mix of Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Pretty Peacock as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Itty Bitty Birthdays Papers: 2019-2021 In Colors 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Pretty Peacock, Real Red, Daffodil Delight,Thick Whisper White Inks: Pretty Peacock Accessories: Bonanza Dies, Starburst Punch, Twinkle Builder Punch, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
Here are links to the products I used on this tag: