Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate the 4th of July – the projects are inspirational, patriotic and filled with reds, whites and blues. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
There’s something really special about any combination of red, white and blue. Whether it’s bright & bold or rich & regal, the mix of these three colors is perfect for any patriotic or nautical project. I’ve selected a simple layout with two blues to complement red and white. Here’s my project for this 4th of July blog hop:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Versatile Design. I don’t send a lot of 4th of July cards. Please let me amend that – I don’t send any 4th of July cards. It’s not what I would call a big card-sending holiday, but there’s still a lot to celebrate on the special day. As such, I’ve designed a card that can be recreated with different colors or different elements, making it perfect for any occasion. A simple switcheroo on the colors, sentiment or star elements can flip this July 4th card to a birthday card or congratulations card or thank you card. Here’s the layout for this card – how many occasions can you see this working with? I can see BIRTHDAY or CONGRATS or BABY or THANK YOU or any number of other sentiments on this versatile layout.
- Two New Products. I’ve showcased two new products on my card – and one of them is my favorite thing from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog. The Playful Alphabet Dies are pure perfection – not only is the font super-cool, but the size of the letters allows us to fit a lot of letters on a card front. CELEBRATE gave me NINE letters on my card. Here’s a look at the Playful Alphabet Dies:Did you see there are multiples of many letters?! This set of dies can be purchased on its own, but you can also earn a 10% discount on the bundle when you buy the Pattern Play Bundle (includes the Pattern Play stamp set and Playful Alphabet Dies). The stripes on my cropped letters are from the red-pinstriped paper in the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper. I cropped the letters at all angles, creating a fun pattern on the cropped word. I cropped the letters at all angles, creating a fun pattern on the cropped word. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Playful Pets Designer Series Paper:The stars that are peppered on my card are from the Stitched Stars Dies. Even if you don’t make patriotic cards, these dies are perfect for many occasions. Love them!
- Patriotic Color Combination. Misty Moonlight is a gorgeous, new blue this year. While I typically pair soft Pool Party with my red and blue for patriotic projects, I wanted to try the vibrant Coastal Cabana on this card – so glad I did. If you like this combination of Coastal Cabana, Misty Moonlight and Real Red as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:
Papers: Playful Pets Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Misty Moonlight, Coastal Cabana, Thick Whisper White Accessories: Playful Alphabet Dies, Stitched Stars Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
Here are links to the products I used on my project:
Sending Love One-for-One Card Swap. I’m hosting a one-for-one card swap, and I’d love for you to join in! What fun! To learn more about this swap, click on the image below:
With the kick-off of Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog, the company is launching two great promotions. Click on the banners below to learn more:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – CRJMMZ2P – when prompted. Thank you!