This week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge gives us a simple layout that offers a great start for any card. I had loads of fun playing with this sketch, re-familiarizing myself with some old favorite products and layering the elements on this card to give me exactly what I wanted. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge (and a reminder that you are wonderful):
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Must-Have Carryovers. There are lots of carryover goodies on this card – only the background Designer Series Paper is brand new in the new catalog. Here’s a look at three of the items that need you need if you don’t already have them:
- Rooted in Nature. The big, bold sentiment on this card is from the incredible Rooted in Nature stamp set. Isn’t it gorgeous?! Here’s a look at the other elements of this set – some gorgeous trees, leaves and more sentiments you need:
- Butterfly Gala. Rather than add a flower to the top of my frame, I added a super-sweet butterfly. I stamped the butterfly and body with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. I punched it with the Butterfly Duet Punch. Here’s a look at Butterfly Gala (like Rooted in Nature, there are great images and sentiments in this set):
- Stitched So Sweetly Dies. The frame behind the sentiment on this card is cropped with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies that debuted in Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2020 Mini Catalog. I LOVE these dies – here’s a look: The card also showcases a stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies, but you already have those, right? You should. ♥
- Beautiful Backdrop. There’s a unique backdrop for this sentiment and butterfly, and it’s really easy to recreate. The blue ombré background is a panel from the new Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper. While many of these designs can be overwhelming on a large panel, there are several gorgeous pieces that are beautifully watercolored. Love! Here’s a look at the patterns and colors in the Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper: Between the Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper and the sentiment layers is a layer of Vellum Cardstock (3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″) that’s embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder. The folder give the vellum a gorgeous texture. The embossed vellum looks really great against this Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper.
- Color Combination. The Daffodil Delight butterfly really pops against the backdrop of blues and white. Here’s a closer look at the sentiment layers and butterfly: The background paper blends Night of Navy with a touch of Bermuda Bay – such a beautiful ombré pattern. If you like this mix of Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy, please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Rooted in Nature, Butterfly Gala Papers: Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper, Night of Navy, Vellum Cardstock, Thick Whisper White Inks: Night of Navy, Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends Accessories: Butterfly Duet Punch, Stitched So Sweetly, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Sending Love One-for-One Card Swap. I’m hosting a one-for-one card swap, and I’d love for you to join in! What fun! To learn more about this swap, click on the image below:
With the kick-off of Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog, the company is launching two great promotions. Click on the banners below to learn more:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – CRJMMZ2P – when prompted. Thank you!