Since the Nothing’s Better Than Bundle arrived at my house last month, I’ve been plotting and planning to make a fun, retro card with the sweet coffee cups and fun sentiments in the bundle. Whether you love coffee or chocolate or cookies or cocktails, this bundle has a fun variety of delicious delights. I chose to compare “coffee” with a sentiment from another stamp set, and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- A Fun Combination. Nothing’s Better Than combines passion about cookies, chocolate, coffee and cocktails with a fun, retro vibe. I love it! When Connie Stewart reached a million in sales with Stampin’ Up!, she inspired this set – and it has Connie’s personality all over it. Here’s a look at the bundle: I stamped the retro coffee cups with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then stamped the solid images in Seaside Spray and Petal Pink. I cropped the fun cups with the coordinating Love You More Than Dies. Here’s a closer look: There are some really great sentiments in this set that pair well with “coffee,” but I couldn’t help myself to search for another…and found it in the gorgeous, floral set called All Things Floral. Coffee really does “get me” so this sentiment is perfect! There’s a set of coordinating dies with this stamp set, and the combination is sold as a bundle.
- The Look of Embossing. We all have a little packing tape in our home office or craft space, right? It’s not only good at sealing a package for shipment – it can also be used to add shine to your favorite craft projects. I recently enjoyed a technique video by my friend Lydia on Splitcoast Stampers that showed this fun technique – just look at the shine on the word “coffee” that I cropped with the Love You More Than Dies:Here’s how I build “coffee” on my card:
- I glued a small snip of Adhesive Sheets on a piece of Basic Black cardstock.
- I added a strip of packing tape to the other side of the Basic Black cardstock.
- I placed the die on the side with the packing tape and cropped it with my die cutting machine.
- I pealed the Adhesive Sheet backing off the back of the word and glued it down.
- Sweet Color Combination. The background panel on this card could be the tabletop in your favorite old-time diner, don’t you think? Such fun! It’s pulled right from the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Peony Garden Designer Series Paper:If you like how Gray Granite mixes with Petal Pink and Seaside Spray for this super-fun, retro look, I hope you will save this for future reference:
Bundles: Nothing’s Better Than Stamp Sets: Nothing’s Better Than, All Things Fabulous Papers: Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, Seaside Spray, Petal Pink, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Inks: Petal Pink, Seaside Spray, Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Love You More Than Dies, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
This weekend I posted my Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books from Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog. How exciting! If you want a selection of products from the new catalog (a little bit of everything), I hope you’ll check it out. CLICK HERE
Stampin’ Up!’s Bonus Days are here! Now through August 3, you earn a $5 coupon for every $50 you spend (before shipping and taxes). How fun is that?! The coupons can be redeemed starting August 4. What’s not to love about that!?
Shop My Retired Products. I added over two hundred retired products to my retired products store last weekend – and there are still lots of great products remaining at discounts to help re-home them to you. ♥ Won’t you please come take them away from me? CLICK HERE to read more about my Retired Shop. CLICK HERE to shop now.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – S72W367P – when prompted. Thank you!