Even though Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog just launched, I couldn’t stay away from Fancy Phrases (new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog) to meet the elements of this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. The flowers in this set are so beautiful – a perfect element on any card. Here’s the card I made for this week’s challenge:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Fancy Phrases & Beautiful Autumn. I love the images in Fancy Phrases more and more every time I look at the stamp set. That bouquet of flowers is so pretty! Here’s a look at this wonderful stamp set that debuted in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog:While there are some great sentiments in Fancy Phrases (it has “phrases” in its title!), I chose to showcase “Have a Beautiful Day” from Beautiful Autumn, a new set in Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog. The sentiment says exactly what I want it to say. Here’s a look at this must-have bundle:
- Monochromatic. This card includes two colors – Misty Moonlight and Whisper White. Misty Moonlight is such a versatile color – it can be casual or beautifully formal.The images on my card are inked with Misty Moonlight ink and stamped on Misty Moonlight cardstock to give a monochromatic look. I stamped the flowers around the edges of the background panel to fill in the entire panel that would be visible once I added to focal panel. The middle of the layer is a mess (things overlap with lots of empty spaces), but the recipient won’t know that. ♥
- Simple Layers. My simple card is built with several layers of cardstock and Stampin’ Dimensionals. Despite the simple and clean style, there’s a lot of paper on this card. ♥ Here are the measurements for the layers I used:
- Misty Moonlight – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Thick Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Misty Moonlight – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- Misty Moonlight – 4-3/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – 3-1/4″ x 3/8″
Stamp Sets: Fancy Phrases, Beautiful Autumn Papers: Misty Moonlight, Thick Whisper White Inks: Misty Moonlight Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Check out the New Catalog!
Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog went live on Tuesday. If you haven’t already downloaded it, I hope you’ll take a look! You can see it here:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – JJ3HJUSS – when prompted. Thank you!