Well, here we are. It’s a new year, and I couldn’t be happier to start anew. 2020 was rough for everyone (and 2021 is going to be tough, too), but good times are ahead of us. Speaking of good times ahead, Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2021 Mini Catalog goes live on Tuesday (not that’s something to look forward to). To celebrate this special day and to whet your appetite for the new catalog, I’ve create a New Year’s Day card with an incredible, new bundle in this new catalog. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Vine Design Sneak Peek. The gorgeous oval cutout behind my sentiment is from the Vine Design Bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2021 Mini Catalog. I SO LOVE the sentiments in the Vine Design cling stamp set, but it’s the coordinating Flowering Vine Dies that make me so very happy. Here’s a look at this new bundle, which is found on page 62 of the new book: How incredible are these dies?! Each is perfect for the front of your next project. While the dies don’t need to be colored, I couldn’t help but to add a touch of ink. More on that later. The sentiment in the center of my card is from the Best Year cling stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog. Here’s a look at the incredible sentiments in this stamp set:
- Coloring the Cutout. I knew I wanted to color the flowers and leaves in this die, so I cropped it from Thick Whisper White and grabbed my Stampin’ Write Markers. I placed my cutout on a piece of black cardstock and started coloring, working around the oval to find the balance of colors I wanted. The black cardstock helped me to best see the intricate designs and allowed me to see where some white space was left. Here’s a closer look at the oval the peeks out from behind the sentiment: What an easy way to add a little pizzazz to a lovely design. The coloring isn’t perfect, but that’s part of what makes it so fun! I pulled from the Brights markers and Subtles markers for my project. Here are the markers I used:
- Brights – Daffodil Delight
- Brights – Flirty Flamingo
- Brights – Melon Mambo
- Subtles – Blushing Bride
- Subtles – Calypso Coral
- Subtles – Highland Heather
- Subtles – Pear Pizzazz
- Subtles – Soft Sea Foam
- Color Combination. The Flirty Flamingo flowers and Soft Sea Foam leaves on my oval set the tone for this card. The cutout really pops against the Basic Black backdrop, and the Soft Sea Foam behind that really sets the tone the focal panel. If you like this mix of Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo and Basic Black, please save this for future reference:
Bundles: Vine Design Stamp Sets: Vine Design, Best Year Papers: Soft Sea Foam, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Inks: Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo), Subtles Stampin’ Write Markers (Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Highland Heather, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sea Foam), Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Flowering Vine Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies (oval), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope your first 24 hours of 2021 are wonderful, but I really hope the entire year is amazing! Happy New Year’s Day, my friends!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up! kicked off the year-end last week – all of the retiring products are being sold until January 4 or until they sell out. AND many of them are discounted. YAY! For a recap of this sale, CLICK HERE. To shop this sale, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – CG7UZWF9 – when prompted. Thank you!