Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature balloons, so you are in for a celebratory treat. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m also excited to welcome Genevieve Ko to today’s hop. Not only is Genevieve my awesome friend from Ontario, Canada, but she hung out with my team last week (we loved virtually hanging out with her). She and I used to spend a lot of time together during Stampin’ Up! incentive trips and events, but those in-person events are on hold for a while. One day…
You Are Amazing with Word Balloons
Call me a cheater if you will (although you are usually nicer than that), but my card doesn’t feature the celebratory latex balloons or foil balloons you might be expecting with a “balloons” theme. Instead, my card is filled with super-happy word balloons that set a sweet tone for this sweet card. Here’s my card for this hop that features one of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2021 Mini Catalog – and a backdrop of word balloons:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- You Are Amazing. While there may only be a word balloon in the You Are Amazing stamp set, the set is filled with celebrations worthy of a roomful of balloons – thankfulness, birthday wishes, congratulations and overall awesomeness are all celebrated in this stamp set. The You Are Amazing stamp set coordinates with the You Are Amazing Project Kit featured on page 7 of Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2021 Mini Catalog. The set can be purchased separately and works wonderfully as a stand-alone product. Love this set! Here’s a look at this fun-filled You Are Amazing stamp set: Not only did I feature the word balloons from the stamp set in the background of my card, but I featured one of the sentiment at the heart of the card. I heat embossed the sentiment with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder on Basic Black cardstock. Here’s a closer look:
- Building a Background. The oversized word balloon stamp gave me a perfect image to build a background for my heat embossed sentiment. Not only does the solid image look great when stamped one on top of another, but the solid image looks great when stamped in a variety of overlapping colors. Here’s a closer look at this balloon-filled panel before the sentiment was added: In yesterday’s post, I shared 4 techniques for building a background with stamps and ink (and 20 inspiration projects). If you missed that post, you can click here to see it.
- Color Combination. The word balloons on my card show a variety of soft and bright colors – soft green, soft blue, bright yellow and bright pink. Together they overlapped beautifully in the stamped images on the background of my card. If you like this mix of Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: You are Amazing Papers: Pool Party, Basic Black, Basic White Inks: Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, White Craft Accessories: Stitched Shapes Dies (Oval), White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Genevieve Ko at Stampin4Fun
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
Here are links to the products I used today in my online store: