Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s February Blog Hop! This is a great time of year to build your stash of handmade birthday cards, so we are sharing birthday-themed projects with you today. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
HB to Your Favorite Sports Fan
While most of the birthday cards I make feature balloons or flowers, I traveled a different path for this project. Instead of making a celebratory card that would be perfect for ANY recipient, I’ve created a birthday card for a favorite sports fan. I combined two amazing bundles (one from the 2021 Annual Catalog and one from the January – June 2022 Mini Catalog) to create this festive birthday card:
The center of this card is a Night of Navy baseball cap stamped and cropped with the Hats Off Bundle (Hats Off set and coordinating Hat Builder Dies) from the 2021 Annual Catalog. The dies give this hat an incredible stitching that makes it a stand out on any project. Here’s closer look:
- I cropped the large tickets from Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock with the Sports Event Dies.
- I cut a Crumb Cake piece to fit on my Crumb Cake ticket and stamped a few lines from the Your Biggest Fan stamp set to give it a little texture.
- The baseball-stitched background panel is pulled from the Hey Sports Fan Designer Series Paper. The page adds a little texture to the card and serves as a great reference to the baseball hat.
You can see all of the elements in the Hey Sports Fan Suite by clicking on the image below:
Stamp Sets: Nuts & Bolts Papers: Hey Sports Fan Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Night of Navy, Bumblebee, Very Vanilla Inks: Real Red Accessories: Sports Event Dies, Hat Builder Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. There is a lot of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
- Joanne Wittington at The Inky Dragon
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
Here are links to the products I used in today’s project: