When I chose the three colors for this week’s Global Design Project challenge – Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Old Olive – I patted myself on the back for creating such an EASY color combination. Fall, Halloween and Spring Flowers all came to mind. It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be (is it possible to take back a pat on the back?) – I struggled a bit but came up with this card that features a handful of products I love:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card (this challenge goes live at 7am EST this morning):
- Delicate Lace Edgelits. You might not recognize the gorgeous detailed element in the middle of this card. That’s because this trio of Delicate Lace Edgelits isn’t featured as a product in the front of Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Although it’s showcased on some of the projects in the pages of the catalog, the product isn’t listed until page 217 of the catalog. And what an amazing trio of dies it is! I thought this one looked so gorgeous in green, a perfect accent for my pumpkin. Here’s a look at the Delicate Lace Edgelits:
- Three Stamp Sets. My card features three stamps that I love very much:
- Artisan Textures. I stamped a watercolor wash with Artisan Textures, new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog (page 130) to add texture above my pumpkin. To give a light amount of Crushed Curry, I stamped the image on scrap paper three times before stamping on the card. If you’d like to see the Artisan Textures set in my online store, click here.
- Seasonal Chums. I adore the Seasonal Chums stamp set and coordinating Seasonal Tags Framelits Dies (even though I’ve never made tags with them). This pumpkin (the backside of the jack-o-lantern is a beautiful, classic image for Thanksgiving. I colored the pumpkin with Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. I cropped the pumpkin with the Seasonal Tags Framelits and snipped a little off the top of the pumpkin by hand. To see this set in my online store, click here.
- Country Home. I adore the rustic images and modern sentiments in Country Home. How cool are these sentiments? This Thanksgiving-themed card gave me a perfect opportunity to use the “happy harvest blessings” sentiment. Be sure to check out all of the sentiments in this set. To see the Country Home stamp set in my online store, click here.
- Texture, Texture, Texture. There are four big hits of texture in today’s card. The Delicate Lace Edgelits Die gives a gorgeous cutout you want to run your finger over. It’s stunning! I stamped a light texture of Crushed Curry with the Artisan Textures stamp set in the background of this card. There’s great depth in the color of the pumpkin – I love the artistic texture we can add with these markers. It might be subtle, but I added a panel of Old Olive to the base of this card that was run through my Big Shot with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. What fun!
Stamp Sets: Seasonal Chums, Country Home, Artisan Textures Papers: Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Thick Whisper White Inks: Crushed Curry, Stampin’ Blends (Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crumb Cake), Basic Black Accessories: Delicate Lace Edgelits Dies, Seasonal Tags Framelits Dies, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge (today’s challenge goes live at 7am EST).
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss Tommorow’s Big One-Day Sale!
To celebrate Stampin’ Up!’s 30th Anniversary, the company is hosting a big sale – 15% off on select stamp sets. How fun is that?! The sale only lasts for ONE DAY, and it’s going to be big! I’ll be back this afternoon with a bit more information, but here’s a video from Stampin’ Up! that gives us some hints:
Join Us for a Holiday One-for-One Card Swap. It’s that time of year – as you are making your Fall, Christmas and Winter cards, I want you to send me one so I can send you one back. Your card for my One-for-One Swap needs to arrive in my mailbox by November 16, so I hope you’ll start working on your card now. <3
To learn more about my One-for-One Card Swap, click here.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – TM6TSTX4 – when prompted. Thank you!