I’m excited to share today’s project with you. It’s another “grateful” card, but it also showcases a really cool technique I found on Splitcoast Stampers last weekend – I just had to try it, and I really love how it turned out. Here’s my card:
Can you see the texture of the green acrylic paint behind the window sheet? I’m going to walk you through the steps for how to recreate this look (is it egotistical of me to assume you like the look and want to recreate it?), but the quick-and-dirty is that I stamped on a clear window sheet and adhered it to card stock with green acrylic paint. The picture doesn’t fully capture the essence of the card – the shine of the window sheet or the rustic texture of the acrylic paint. This still doesn’t give you what you’d see if you held this card in your hand, but it gives a better shot:
I love the mix of “modern” and “antique” in this technique. The window sheet is shiny and clean, while the roughly painted acrylic paint gives a distressed, aged look. I think the combination of the two creates a unique appeal.
Here’s how I created this look – it can be recreated in lots of different ways. For simplicity, I’m sharing the steps I performed:
- I cropped a window sheet with a Circles Collection Framelit.
- I cropped a piece of Very Vanilla with the same framelit.
- With Jet Black StazOn, I stamped the World Map on the window sheet and let it dry.
- On the back of the window sheet, I randomly painted celery green acrylic paint (the point is NOT to cover the entire sheet) and then pressed it down on cropped piece of Very Vanilla.
- Here’s what’s cool – when the acrylic paint dries, it serves as the adhesive to hold the window sheet to the card stock.
- I then layered the combination on a circle cropped from Basic Black paper.
If you want to see the full tutorial (as if my description wasn’t enough) click here.
Stamp sets: World Map, Chalk Talk Inks: Jet Black StazOn, Marina Mist Papers: Basic Black, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla Accessories: Circles Collection Framelits, Ovals Collection Framelits, Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Extra Large Oval punch, Window Sheets, 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (Basic Black), Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
CLICK HERE to order Stampin’ Up! products 24/7.
November’s “Best of” Stamp Set. Every month this year, Stampin’ Up! has released a new stamp set that features themed images from the past 25 years. This month’s theme – Best of Snow. And it’s a super-cute set. Click on the image below to order this great set: