Before I share today’s celebratory card, I want to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to all of the wonderful mothers who are reading this – I hope your day is really wonderful. My mom is the most wonderful woman I’ve ever known – but the rest of you are OK. This is a day to celebrate all Moms or any woman who’s been a special influence in the life of a child. Thank you.
This week’s Pals Paper Arts color challenge is a daring one, but I do love a good challenge. The combination of Hello Honey and Baked Brown Sugar are perfect together – so rich – but add in Coastal Cabana, and the whole project is turned on its head. I opted for a somewhat-muted shade of Coastal Cabana and couldn’t be happier with the end result. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Deep sentiment. I’ve not always been the biggest fan of Geometrical (a set that’s retiring this year), but I LOVE how this sentiment almost appears to pierce through the cardstock on this card. I stamped “Hooray for today” with Jet Black StazOn and couldn’t be happier with the result. Now that the set is on it’s way out, this project has given me new appreciation for it – why haven’t I been using it more?!
- Pale balloon. I stamped the balloon and string with Tuxedo Black Memento – I always use that as my black ink for photopolymers – and attached the balloon string to the “A” in HOORAY. I stamped the balloon again with Coastal Cabana on a piece of scrap paper and snipped it out, gluing it right over the black balloon (who wants to celebrate with a black balloon?!). I stamped a couple more balloons with Coastal Cabana and cropped them with my Banner Punch to add to the side banners, which line up on either side of the sentiment.
- Arrows up. I love repetition and consistency in design. When I use arrows, I think they should always point up or to the right – because upward and forward are the only ways we want to go, right? The “A” in HOORAY also mimics the pattern in the paper – that was a happy realization after I was done with the card. How sad would it have been if the arrows were pointing another direction? It was fate! 🙂
Don’t Miss It! I’ll be sharing a video tomorrow that shows a little bit more about this card – come back!
Stamp Sets: Geometrical, Balloon Bash Papers: Lullaby Designer Series Paper, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White Inks: Coastal Cabana, Jet Black Stazon, Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Banner Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Pals Paper Arts Challenge to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Fill Your Starter Kit with Sneak Peek Items from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Have you ever thought about buying Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit? Whether you want a discount on the Stampin’ Up! products you buy or you want to make some money in a craft you love, this is a GREAT TIME to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. AND you can add items from the upcoming catalog – read more here.
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.