Perhaps my favorite thing from the Holiday Catalog [dare I limit it to one thing] is the Santa & Company Designer Series Paper – I have thoroughly enjoyed playing around with all the patterns, shapes and colors in this paper. I can’t stop. For today’s project, I CASED a card I made almost two years ago – I was so happy with the layout and knew I’d find a reason to repeat it. Here’s my card:
And here’s the project I shared so long ago (you can click on the picture to see the original post):
Do you see the similarities? Different colors, different textures – but, overall, the same layout. Below, I’m sharing the measurements for the new card (slightly different with less layering), along with a video I filmed to share some easy tips for cropping a sentiment after the sentiment has been stamped. I hope you enjoy:
And here are the measurements for this card (so you can create a similar card for yourself with your own paper):
- Basic Black Card Base: 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Panel: 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Old Olive Squares: 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″
- Designer Series Paper Panels: 1-3/4″ x 3″
- Center Piece: cropped to fit sentiment as shown in video
Tips for putting it all together:
- Layout all of your cropped panels on the Very Vanilla layer.
- One-by-one, lift one of the panels and glue it down, aligning with the edge of the Whisper White panel.
- Once all the pieces are glued down, use Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the Whisper White layer.
Stamp Sets: Perfect Pennants Papers: Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive, Santa & Co. Designer Series Paper Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you like this project and enjoyed this video.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Amazing Join Promotion. Do you want to be a part of a dynamic and fun Stampin’ Up! group? Now is a great time to buy the starter kit and give it a try – with no commitment and no penalty to drop. During the month of October, when you sign up to be a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, you will earn one FREE package of Designer Series Paper each month for six months. That’s a GREAT bonus to an already great deal. You know I love Stampin’ Up!. I’d love for you to enjoy Stampin’ Up! with me. I also want you to earn free Designer Series Paper, so this seems like a win-win for both of us.