I seem to go against the grain sometimes. When it’s gorgeous outside, I’m making neutral cards with Basic Black and Sahara Sand. This gorgeous piece of Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, though, won’t let me add much color – so my hands are tied, huh? Here’s a card I made for a friend who’s going through some tough times right now:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Drop it like it’s hot. I really, really tried to center this white panel on the front of this card, but like I’ve said before – centered does not equal balanced. After trying to add panels behind the simple block of black-and-white, I decided to just squint and move the panel around the card. It seems at home here, so I was really happy to leave it there. It’s a bit unexpected, and sometimes that makes me happy.
- Pairing of similar images. I know that this floral image from A Happy Hooray does not exactly match the pattern in this Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, but I’m OK with that. They are similar enough in style to pair nicely. The background paper adds a wonderful touch to this card, but the front panel steals the show.
- Going away. There are three things on this card that are going away on June 2 (if they aren’t sold out beforehand): Four You (the sentiment), A Happy Hooray (the flower) and Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper (the background print). If you want them, I suggest you get them now. 🙂
Stamp Sets: Four You, A Happy Hooray Papers: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Whisper White, Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Fill Your Starter Kit with Sneak Peek Items from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. Have you ever thought about buying Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit? Whether you want a discount on the Stampin’ Up! products you buy or you want to make some money in a craft you love, this is a GREAT TIME to be a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. AND you can add items from the upcoming catalog – read more here.
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.