I’ve always been fascinated with Mason Jar gifts – it feels so “back to basics.” Cakes, cookies and cocoa are wonderful treats, but there’s something really cool about giving these in a way that allows the recipient to cook the ingredients when they are good-and-ready to enjoy them.
The “mix-and-mingle” opening of our World Card Making Day event included a 3-D Holiday Gift idea. We walked around the room, sharing what we made and ogling at what others made. At the sounds of the whistle (it was actually just me screaming into the microphone), we paired up and swapped – kinda like a more risky Musical Chairs.
Here’s the 3-D Holiday Gift idea I made for the swap:
Here’s a close-up of the tag that adorns this jar of cocoa, crushed peppermints and marshmallows:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Products Used. It’s a quick-and-simple tag, but can you tell what products I used? Because there are so many items mashed into this simple tag, the products might not be recognizable right away, so I’m excited to share them. Here’s a quick run-down of each item:
- The Lots of Labels Framlits are used to crop the tag and the layer of Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper on the front of the tag.
- The Jar of Love bundle (stamp set and Everyday Jars Framelits) are used to stamp and crop the jar on the tag.
- The lid on the jar could have easily been stamped with the Jar of Love stamp set, but I used a similar lid from the Jar of Cheer stamp set.
- I used the Holly Jolly stamp set to stamp the sentiment “wishing you” with Cherry Cobbler ink.
- I cropped “enjoy” with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits and then carefully snipped the “en” off to create a sweet “joy.”
- I tied off the tag with a couple of layers of Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine.
- Cropping the Tag. Here’s a quick summary of how I cropped the folded tag using the Lots of Labels Framelits – such a sweet shape for a sweet tag:
- Enjoy the Joy. Were you paying attention to the list above? I know you sometimes skim and sometimes just look-and-go. I know. In case you think the “joy” cutout isn’t from Stampin’ Up!, you are wrong. I cropped the word “enjoy” from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits and then carefully snipped off the “e” and the “n”. How fun! “Wishing you joy” just makes sense to accompany a jar of delicious cocoa.
Stamp Sets: Holly Jolly Greetings, Jar of Love, Jar of Cheer Papers: Presents & Pinecones Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede, Thick Whisper White Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Lots of Labels Framelits, Everyday Jars, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!