Adventure can be whatever you want it to be – a hike in the woods, a trip across the world, raising a baby or starting a new job. No matter how you spin it, adventure is everywhere – and life is better when we take risks and try new things. Speaking of new things (what an amazing transition point), today’s adventure-themed card features two amazing, new products (available in January): a super-fun birthday set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Occasions Catalog and a crazy-wonderful Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-a-Bration. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Sneak Peeks. As I mention above, this project showcases two new products that are available to all demonstrators December 1 and to all customers January 4:
- Balloon Adventures. This amazing sentiment (that ties in to the “adventure” theme perfectly, huh?) is from Balloon Adventures, a new photopolymer stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Occasions Catalog. Not only does the set pair with a set of Framelits that are perfect for fun pop-up cards, but the balloons pair with the Balloon Bouquet punch. How fun is this gigantic sentiment?
- Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. One of the great options for a $50 order during Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Sale-a-Bration is Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper. 12 sheets of 12″ x 12″ Whisper White paper with 3 intricately drawn patterns that we get to color or shade or present as-is.
- Coloring the Paper. As shown above, the fun background paper on my card starts as a Whisper White page with black lines that create gorgeous images we can color. I used my Sponge Brayer to create a light coat of Pear Pizzazz over the entire piece of paper. You could also use a Stampin’ Sponge or Sponge Daubers or a stencil brush to create a light, but solid, shading. I then randomly shaded parts of the plants and landscape with a Blender Pen and a darker amount of Pear Pizzazz. It really creates a fun backdrop, don’t you think?
- Ombre Effect. Instead of just filling in the sentiment with a solid coloring of Pear Pizzazz, I created a slight ombre effect to somewhat mimic the mixed shading on the background paper. The effect of the ombre is a bit muted in the pictures, but it’s definitely there on my card. I first colored the letters with a light shading of Pear Pizzazz. After I let that completely dry (you don’t want to wet the paper too much), I dipped my Blender Pen back in the Pear Pizzazz and applied a full coat to the bottom of each letter, spreading the ink up to the middle of each letter.
Stamp Sets: Balloon Adventures Papers: Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz Accessories: Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Sponge Brayer, Blender Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s Online Extravaganza starts TODAY! Don’t miss out on the amazing items that are discounted this week – and the items that are available today ONLY. Click on this banner to read more about the sale:
Stitched from the Heart. During the Online Extravaganza, the Stitched from the Heart promotion continues. Today is the last day (at 10AM Mountain Standard Time), though, to order the Stitched Shapes Framelits before they are marked “unorderable” until Stampin’ Up! can replenish the supply. Check these out: