As soon as I saw the sketch for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge, I immediately knew which stamp set I’d be using. The rest of the design just fell into my lap. What a fun sketch – and a sweet, simple card! Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
- Revisiting Spring. Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog is introduced in June each year – we are knee-deep in Summer, and Spring has already passed us by. Because of that, we often overlook (and then forget about) the Spring-themed stamp sets in the Annual Catalog. That makes me feel so sad for the amazing stamp sets that really deserve our attention but just arrive a little late for the Spring party. NOW is the perfect time to revisit those sets – because we have a bit of time to get ready for Spring. Yay! Here’s one of the new sets that was introduced in June last year that deserves some of your attention now:
- Sweet and Simple. Is there anything more simple than stamping an image in the middle of a piece of cardstock? I only had to tap a little bit of color into the leaves and flowers to turn the simple image into a sweet one. I stamped the images in Archival Basic Black and add a touch of Lemon Lime Twist and Flirty Flamingo to the images. Here’s a closeup of this image from Flirty Flowers: The sentiment is stamped with two images from Happy Birthday Gorgeous and punched with the Classic Label punch. Mini Dimensionals were a handy friend when it came time to pop-up this sentiment – they fit perfectly along the back of the punched shape.
- Layers and Layers. There are four layers of cardstock on this card that frame the simple image and sentiment. Here are the measurements for each layer (moving up from the base of the card):
- Flirty Flaming – 3-1/2″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Lemon Lime Twist – 3″ x 5″
- Basic Black – 2-7/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Whisper White – 2-3/4″ x 4-3/4″
Stamp Sets: Flirty Flowers, Happy Birthday Gorgeous Papers: Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist) Accessories: Classic Label punch, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the other design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.