I have lots of talented friends – and many of them have an eye for beautiful things. One of those friends is Linda Callahan (Stampin Seasons), who selected my card as her pick last week at Freshly Made Sketches. Yay! If you missed my barn door card, you can see it here. I love online challenges and play along with many to keep myself challenged – and they are a great starter for a card. It’s always nice to be recognized. Thanks, Linda!
This week’s sketch for Freshly Made Sketches is as inspiring and fun as the last. I was inspired by the sketch Karren Johnson created and the panels she used on her card. With two panels and a banner as inspiration, here’s what I made:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Color Theory. It was fun to pull out the ombré pages of the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. These 6″ x 6″ pages – in Berry Burst, Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Dapper Denim – are so versatile for so many projects. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this Colorful Seasons Designer Series Paper Stack: I cut the lightly shaded page of Berry Burst (6th from the left in the picture above) into a 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ panel and then cut it down the middle. I flipped the panels to flip-flop the direction of the shading. So easy! Then I added a thin Whisper White border to frame the Berry Burst panel.
- Vellum Does the Trick. I love our Thick Vellum Cardstock and have recently reached for it a lot when I need another element but don’t want to cover other elements on the card. This vellum heart (cropped with the Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies) gave me the additional element I wanted without removing the impact from the shaded paper beneath it. That little peekaboo is a nice addition, don’t you think?
- Pink and Blue. I love when a “sassy” color is paired with a “sophisticated” color – that’s what you get when Berry Burst meets Night of Navy. The mix of a flirty pink and a serious blue is such fun – you don’t know whether the pink behaves more or the blue loosens up a bit. 🙂 If you like this combination of Berry Burst, Night of Navy and accents of Whisper White, please save this:
Bundles: Sure Do Love You Bundle Stamp Sets: Sure Do Love You Papers: Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock Inks: Night of Navy Accessories: Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.